Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Environmental Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Performs a variety of Environmental Services duties under the direction of Lead custodian, Supervisor or Manager. Primary duties involve tasks pertaining to project work and activities involving maintaining Medical Center areas in a clean, sanitary and aesthetic condition. Project workers will be stationed in various locations and will work various shifts, and perform complete cleaning and disinfection of patient rooms, corridors, public rooms, offices, service or other designated areas as needed. Candidate must be committed to consistently following and be part of the Baystate Health System Service Standards and Services values: Role models, positive attitude, team building and practices good positive communication skills taking accountability for his/her own actions. Interacts often in a positive light with patient, family and caregivers in a calm, caring, professional manner and is respectful to comprehension level of patient and/or family. Perform other similar and related duties as required or directed.
1) High level of interpersonal and customer service skills required.
2) Maintain high levels in flexibility, organization and prioritizing work.
3) Works in a team environment collaborating with coworkers and unit staff.
4) Maintain health, safety and attendance requirements.
5) Adhere to system and department compliance policies and any applicable laws and regulations.
6) Ability to perform daily responsibilities with minimal supervision
7) Performs other departmental duties as required
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Customer Service experience and/or experience dealing with the public or prior health care experience preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) High level interpersonal skills, must be able to read, write and speak English
2) Must be able to effectively operate heavy machinery (ie auto scrubbers, shampoo machines, buffers, steam machine, power washer and other related specialized equipment)
3) Must have knowledge of stripping and refinishing techniques for various types of floors (ie VCT, marble, granite, vinyl and tile)
4) Must have knowledge of shampooing and stain removal techniques for various types of surfaces
5) Must be able to perform general cleaning tasks (ie mopping, scrubbing, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting and cleaning), on all surfaces and equipment)
6) Adhere to system and department compliance policies and any applicable laws and regulations
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.