Avoiding Recruitment Scams
At Baystate Health we respect the privacy of our candidates and recruits and have systems in place to protect your identity.
Please note that:
- We will not contact candidates directly and ask for personally identifiable information over the phone such as birthdate, social security number, or any other private financial information.
- Baystate Health does not charge fees as part of our application or hiring process.
- We will never ask for payment in exchange for being considered for a job or ask a candidate to deposit a check into a personal bank account.
We are aware of multiple cases where individuals have been posing as Baystate Health recruiters contacting job seekers with fake job opportunities.
Baystate Health only considers individuals who have submitted a resume and application through our online database at baystatehealth.com/careers.
Our typical hiring process take several weeks with multiple interviews, and we do not offer positions through email.
If you feel you are falling victim to recruitment fraud, or something does not feel right, please take the following steps:
- Do not respond to any additional emails
- Contact your local authorities
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/
- File a report with the Internet Crimes Complaint Center: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
- Contact the three major credit-reporting bureaus (Equifax, Experian and Transunion) and request that a Fraud Alert be placed on your account
- For additional information about job scams visit: https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/job-scams
If you receive any additional emails or communication that you believe are fraudulent, contact as at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will notify our internal Security for further investigation.