Category(s): Clinical Support, Orderlies
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
This Orderly Stat Messenger position is 32 hours per week – 2nd shift and located in Greenfield, MA
Participates in patient care by assisting health care team members with lifting and transfer of patients adheres to all patient and employee safety protocols. Possesses strong communication skills and team building attitude delivers patient records, portable equipment, linens, code carts or medications to support patient care delivery.
1) Performs lifting and transfer procedures in accordance with policy.
2) Adheres to all safety practices with regards to patient and self.
3) Transports equipment, material, records, reports, pharmaceuticals and specimens to various locations.
4) Communicates effectively in a courteous and helpful manner with patients, visitors and co-workers.
5) Maintains essential equipment of the transport department by cleaning and assuring the equipment functions properly.
6) Adheres to all infection control policies and procedures 100% of the time.
7) Participates in competency validations, educational activities and department meetings.
Required Work Experience:
1) Healthcare experience is a plus
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, ability to effectively communicate with clinical staff, patients and visitors
2) Ability to work collaboratively within and across departments
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.