Radiology/Imaging - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Radiology/Imaging
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
We are looking for a Per Diem Mammography Tech to join our Imaging team at Baystate Franklin Medical Center!
Resume required with application
- Per Diem
- Greenfield, MA
- Graduate of an accredited Radiological Sciences Program or equivalent. Associates Degree in Radiological Sciences.
- Minimum of 200 mammograms to meet FDA requirements
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: www.baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at www.facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Incumbent is required to adhere to system and department compliance policies and any applicable laws and regulations. Job specifications and related duties are subject to change based on departmental requirements and medical advancements in treatment modalities. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned.
Under the supervision of the Radiologist and according to established policies and procedures, operates mammography equipment as required, to obtain mammography films according to Radiologist specifications. Technologist will assist the Radiologist in a wide range of sterile procedures. Responsible for the care and treatment of patients, which may use mammography services, to include adolescent, adult and geriatric.
Perform imaging studies as described for a clinical mammography technologist. Assist with clerical functions and basic nursing skills as needed. Maintains a positive customer service attitude, adheres to the Baystate Operating Principles and functions as a team player.
1) Ensures proper identification of all patients according to established policy and procedure. Reviews authorization/order form for patient history and exam to be performed. Validates ordered exam(s) with ordering physician and/ or radiologist if questionable exam is ordered in comparison to historical exam(s) and/or patient history. Communicates clearly explaining the nature of procedure in laymen's terms.
2) Understands and operates the Radiology, Mammography information system as it applies to job functions. Maintains knowledge of operators manual and manufacture’s recommendations for safe operation of mammography, stereotactic and ultrasound unit, film processing equipment and CAD. Practices radiation safety according to policy and procedure.
3) Performs functions as a clinical mammography technologist, including positioning, compression, exposure, film labeling, film processing and computer assisted detection. Images specimen(s) as required post procedure. Reviews diagnostic images with radiologist to ensure exam is complete. Prepares films for final interpretation in radiology reading room, as needed.
4) Acts as a liaison with hospital personnel to ensure, timely coordinated services. Responsible for maintaining patient confidentiality.
5) Interventional Procedures:
Assists radiologist in a wide range of sterile procedures including Stereotactic Breast biopsy, Ultrasound, Ultrasound Core biopsy, Needle Localization wire, Ductogram, Cyst aspiration, Fine Needle aspiration. Responsible for paperwork including documentation of specimen(s) for pathology review. Technologist will ensure transport of specimen(s) to courier pick up and/or pathology department. Reviews instructions for discharge and follow up with patient, if applicable.
6) Quality Control:
Responsible for quality control of mammography units, ultrasound, biopsy equipment, film processing and cad according to MQSA as supported by the FDA.
7) Participates in department quality assurance activities.
8) Assists in maintaining stock room inventory.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of 200 mammograms to meet FDA requirements
2) Graduate of an accredited Radiological Sciences Program or equivalent. Associates Degree in Radiological Sciences.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 2 years in mammography, interventional procedures and quality control.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Meets min ARRT requirements for mammo credits of 15 specific to mammo every 3 years and 12 total every year
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Radiological Science (Required)
(DNU) Heart Saver CPR – Other, Mammography – American Registry of Radiologic Technologist, Radiologic Technologist – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.