Heart & Vascular - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Heart & Vascular
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Incumbent performs clear and concise echocardiography and stress echo including Doppler, color flow, and pulsed wave analysis. Incumbent must be able to recognize and diagnostically enhance abnormal findings for physician and demonstrate the ability to make sound judgments; inform cardiologist of any acute findings, and have excellent communication and organizational skills to interact with all members of the health care team.
1) Demonstrated knowledge of developmental stages for the following age groups and applies developmental theories and concepts when planning and implementing care for patients.
2) Adapts to changes in the work environment in a mature and cooperative manner. Assures completion of mandatory requirements. Flexible in response to staffing needs
3) Communicates, collaborates, and maintains relationships with special awareness of how he/she affects others. Provides care with kindness, sensitivity and in a manner that preserves/protects patient autonomy, dignity, and rights. Accepts direction and willingly offers support and assistance to team members.
4) Attends and participates in staff meetings on a regular basis
5) Independently orders and maintains supplies. Maintains a neat and organized work environment. Assures the availability of supplies. Accepts direction from manager and willingly accepts and/or offers help to other members of the health care team.
6) Adheres to established policies/procedures. Demonstrates current knowledge, skills and competency including but not limited to: Obtaining a clear and concise image of cardiac structures; demonstrates knowledge in use of all equipment; knows accurate positioning; completes all paperwork; troubleshoots echo machine; ability to provide age specific data from adolescence to geriatric; communication skills necessary to perform age-specific test from pediatric to geriatric.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of 24 months full time clinical echocardiography experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Registered/Registry eligible
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.