Patient Care Technicians - Baystate Health
Category(s): Clinical Support, Patient Care Technicians
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
We are looking for a SNAP- Student Nurse Apprenticeship Program to join our team!
Resume required with application
- Per diem- ability to work weekends, evenings and nights a plus
- Greenfield, MA
- American Heart Association BLS CPR
- One clinical rotation completed within a formal ADN or BSN program
- Currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Allison LeDuc, Senior Healthcare Recruiter
This position is offered to nursing students actively enrolled in a nursing program accredited through the NLNAC or CCNE. SNAP’s will function in a supportive role to a registered nurse and work collaboratively with the health care team in the management of patient care. This position allows the student to gain experience in providing care to a diverse patient population and to develop communication and organizational skills. Students will report to the Clinical Manager but daily activities will be coordinated by the RN. SNAP’s will perform direct patient care (hygiene, skin care, mobility and assistance with elimination needs), obtain and record vital signs, collect laboratory specimens, document intake/output, communicate effectively with patients/staff, promote patient safety and function as a team member within the health system. The ideal candidate must be able to work a minimum of 24 hours per month including every third weekend/holiday and must be able to work full-time over school breaks. SNAP’s are per diem and will be required to work on both day and night shifts. Adherence to system and department compliance policies and any and all applicable laws and regulations is mandatory. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
What will you need?
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Currently actively enrolled in an accredited nursing program
- Current Health Care provider CPR Certification/BLS
- Cumulative GPA minimum 3.0
- Proficient in reading and writing English
- Possesses the basic knowledge for performing the assigned duties: providing patient care, supporting patient safety and obtaining vital signs.
- Possesses the ability to detect and report obvious changes in a patient’s condition
- Endorsement and skills verification from clinical faculty member
- Computer literate
- Successfully completed 1 clinical rotation
- Resume required with online application
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET: Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.