Patient Care Technicians - Baystate Health
Category(s): Clinical Support, Patient Care Technicians
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a 716-bed independent academic medical center and our community's major referral hospital, is looking for individuals interested in becoming a Patient Care Technician (PCT).
Baystate Health is partnering with Holyoke Community College (HCC) to deliver Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) training and , Springfield Technical Community College (STCC) to deliver Patient Care Technician Training (PCT).
Structure of the program– If selected for this program, candidates would be hired at the start of this program and train for 12 weeks (4 weeks for CNA training and 8 weeks for PCT Training), at the conclusion of the training trainees would be working as full-time Patient Care Technicians at Baystate Medical Center.
This is a pay to train program. Meaning Baystate Health will pay you for all of your training hours through Holyoke Community College (CNA Training) and Springfield Technical Community College (PCT Training).
SCHEDULE FOR THE PROGRAM:
- Monday-Friday (Full Time day shift hours- 32 hours/ week) for all training time
- Individuals who apply must be available to attend in person training at HCC and STCC for a total of 12 weeks. At the conclusion of training individuals must be available to work 36 hours/ week as a patient care technician.
The program start date- April 29th 2024
Application Deadline is February 19, 2024
Who should apply:
- Individuals who are looking to enter into the medical field
- Someone who is NOT Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- No experience is required- this program is meant to provide you the training to develop a new skill set
- As a Patient Care Technician I level that is enrolled and participating in this program, the participants will be expected to attend all training program classes through HCC for the CNA program and STCC for the PCT Training Program.
- As part of each program there will be a requirement for clinicals that participants will need to complete, and expectation that participants are able to attend all training and clinical times.
- Baystate Health will be working very closely with the training providers and participants as it relates to scheduling clinicals hours and ensuring participants meet all requirements needed.
- Upon completion of the training, the participants would be expected to work as a patient care technician on a clinical unit within Baystate Health.
During the program time frame, you will be a Baystate Health employee, you will receive a training wage and full-time employee benefits. In addition, there will be NO cost to you for any of the training programs, or certifications that you are obtaining.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY:
- High School Diploma/GED is preferred
- Please apply with your resume
- Must be a Massachusetts resident to be considered
Income eligibility assessment criteria to be met during selection process. More information will be provided on this during the process.
Work Keys Assessment is an assessment that tests students job skills in applied reading, writing and mathematics- this will be required and will be discussed more during the screening process.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN-Baystate Health, Patient Care Technicians (PCTs) perform an important role providing care to our patients. They take vital signs, administer treatments and procedures, assist patients, communicate with the care team and maintain patient safety at all times. Responsibilities include direct patient care; hygiene, skin care and mobility.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH: Our Patient Care Technician clinical ladder provides opportunity to advance your profession and livelihood. Continuing education incentives and tuition reimbursements are available and encouraged to use. Abundant benefits, salary & so much more!. Generous compensation package, CEU allowance, high quality, low cost medical/dental, robust paid time off.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Certified Nurse Aide – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.