Shared Services - Baystate Health
Category(s): Human Resources, Shared Services
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Under the direction of the Manager HRAnswers, performs a wide variety of duties involving the maintenance of personnel and benefit files, the collection and appropriate distribution of HRSC incoming mail and appropriate processing of outgoing correspondence. Must have exceptional customer service and organizational skills. Ability to observe confidentiality and employment policies in accordance with established departmental procedures.
1) Collects, receives, sorts, alphabetizes and distributes mail from mail services department. Receives, opens, sorts, date stamps and distributes incoming paperwork twice daily to appropriate party. Collects, sorts, batches and distributes outgoing mail twice daily. Assists SCA's with special projects and mailings. Copies and sends terminal evals to Talent Acquisition.
2) Receives, coordinates and prepares subpoenas for employee files. Photocopies personnel files for requesting party within the allowed time frames, making sure contents are complete and appropriate for distribution within the employment confidentiality laws and regulations. Prepares and sends subpoena by certified mail. Maintains alpha file of subpoena requests.
3) Pulls files requested by various outside departments. Retrieves and audits personnel files with 95-98% accuracy prior to manager/supervisor review, making determination of content appropriateness with regards to confidentiality and employment laws. Dispatches files and/or material in accordance with established departmental procedures.
4) Traces and retrieves misplaced files. Traces misplaced files by various search methods including but not limited to People Soft and/or contacting personnel to whom the files may have been released to on an "as needed" basis.
5) Receives and screens incoming calls for department in absence of departmental staff. Screens incoming calls and routes to appropriate personnel or takes accurate messages with no more than 2 complaints per year. Provides information and answers routine inquiries in courteous and professional manner with no more that 2 complaints per year. Maintains high level of confidentiality and professionalism in dealing with sensitive material.
6) Performs routine clerical duties required to maintain or service files. Performs ongoing file maintenance with 95-98% accuracy (replace file folders, labels as needed) and reorganize to maintain creative use of space. Sets up and maintains files for benefits, LOA, FSA, I-9, United Way and termination check lists in addition to personnel files. Retrives files and information for special audits and projects as needed within requested time frames allowed with 95-98% accuracy. Purges old files within time frames allowed by department policy and employment laws. Handles a variety of compliance projects involving confidentiality and decision making related to file contents and inquiries.
Required Work Experience:
1) None Required
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 6 months office experience preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) Ability to work independently
2) Exceptional organizational and tracking skills
3) Ability to use computer and standard office equipment
4) Good communication and customer service skills
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.