Call Center - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Call Center
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Call Center Representative
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Medical Practices, the largest multispecialty group in the region, is seeking a customer service focused individual to join our Contact Center team!
The Call Center is the first point of contact for our patients within Baystate Medical Practices. The Call Center offers a positive, fast- paced work environment along with the opportunity to make a difference in our patent’s lives.
We offer a flexible work environment that includes the opportunity to work remotely on a partial basis
- The Call Center representative is responsible for receiving and responding to inbound calls from patients and performing an array of duties that include, but are not limited to, scheduling onsite appointments, data entry, faxing and scanning medical documents, and other administrative tasks.
- We offer Professional development, tuition reimbursement and remote working opportunities.
- ABUNDANT BENEFITS, SALARY & SO MUCH MORE! Generous compensation package, high quality, low cost medical/dental, robust paid time off.
- 40 hours per week, Monday -Friday
- Holyoke, MA
- HS Diploma, GED or HiSET
- Customer Service Experience Preferred
- Must be able to type more than 25 words per minute
1) Responds to physician BMP, Community Providers needs to ensure appropriate and timely access to care for patients.
2) Provides prompt responses to requests for appointments and consults via telephone, fax and online portals in a professional, sensitive and courteous manner.
3) Engages directly with patients to support timely, appropriate appointment scheduling.
4) Responsible for providing accurate information to ensure correct clinic appointment type and duration has been assigned
5) Provides accurate documentation following all established processes and protocols. Utilizes Baystate clinical and administrative computer programs to access and provide needed patient and physician information and for communications with medical practices.
6) Proficient in the following applications: CIS, Centricity Business, ORSOS, Compliance Checker, SMS, I priveledges and 3M as appropriate
7) Demonstrates use of quality/process improvement in daily activities.
8) Engaged and Customer Focus.
9) Maintain an accuracy rate for call processing for 1 -2 practice locations.
10) Achieves both departmental QA, customer service and Productivity standards.
11) Able to work effectively in a team environment.
12) Positively support and adopt to change and enhancements as needed.
13) Types > 25 wpm
14) Able to adapt to fast paced, high energy department.
15) Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
16) Maintain strict standard of confidentiality.
Required Work Experience:
1) 2 years prior experience in a physician office, or 2 years prior experience in a customer service setting
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Successfully completed a medical terminology course or will successfully complete approved course within one year of hire
2) Comfortable working with physicians/medical professionals, with the goal of meeting their needs
3) Solid communications skills in English, Spanish in some settings as needed (both written and verbal)
4) Positive, upbeat personality with a positive outlook
5) Orientation focused on service excellence
6) Ability to use phone, computer and related technology
7) Ability to communicate in writing and orally in a professional manner reflecting the Baystate Operating Principles
8) Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients in a professional and positive manner
9) Ability to actively listen and engage in communications to ensure understanding of requests/needs of clients
10) Ability and willingness to learn new processes, software or other tools as needed to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science, GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.