Patient Care Technicians - Baystate Health
Category(s): Clinical Support, Patient Care Technicians
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Student Nurse Associate Program (SNAP)
Baystate Health—western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence—is hiring for the Student Nurse Associate Program (SNAP)!
This position provides an opportunity for students who would like to gain experience in a fast-paced, acute care nursing environment. This position is offered to nursing students actively enrolled in a nursing program accredited through the ACEN or CCNE.
- The Student Nurse (SNAP) will function in a supportive role to a registered nurse and work collaboratively with the health care team in the management of patient care. This position allows the student to gain experience in providing care to a diverse patient population and to develop strong communication and organizational skills.
- SNAPS will perform direct patient care (hygiene, skin care, mobility and assistance with elimination needs), obtain and record vital signs, collect laboratory specimens, document intake/output, communicate effectively with patients/staff, promote patient safety and function as a team member within the health system.
- Professional development, support and encouragement to enhance confidence and skills
- Exposure to a range of diagnoses
- The hour requirement is 24 hours every 6 weeks (three 8-hour shifts) during the school year and during the summer 24 hours per week (two 12-hour shifts) with every third weekend required
- This position rotates among inpatient floors at Baystate Medical Center, 759 Chestnut Street, Springfield MA
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Currently actively enrolled in an accredited nursing program
- Current Health Care provider CPR Certification/BLS required
- Successfully completed 1 clinical rotation (including Fundamentals) or current CNA certification
- Current resume – required with online application
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Monique M. Jesus, Associate Recruiter
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET: Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.