Customer Service - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Customer Service
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Thank you for applying to the Patient Experience Specialist position. This part-time job will serve patients at Franklin Medical Center (Greenfield). Baystate Franklin Medical Center is a 93-bed acute care community hospital and serves the Northern Tier of northwestern Massachusetts. This facility take pride in providing their communities with clinical excellence, advanced technology, and neighborly warmth combined with access to Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $2.5 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware.
1) Provides leadership in collaboration with the Director and in partnership with the Managers, the promote integration and alignment of Patient Expereince strategies with teams across the organization. Works within systems in order to accomplish patient, unit, departmental and organizational goals related to the Patient Experience Strategic Plan.
2) Continually evaluate progress and identify and mitigate barriers in success in order to achieve targeted results. Analyze and monitor Patient Experience data and other identified key metrics to drive improvement outcomes for patient Patient Centered Excellence. Promote excellence in care through direct interaction, observation, and ongoing evaluation of data including family and employee satisfaction, patient outcomes and feedback from other members of the health care team.
3) Participate in Patient Experience strategic planning, coordinate execution of work plan, and manage selected projects and programs. Develop and execute patient experience project plans, goals and objectives in collaboration with leadership. Continually evaluates work process and design for changes in project scope, identify potential barriers, and devise contingency plans. Utilize LEAN principles to design new processes for success and sustained gains. Follow issues through until resolution occurs. Communicate and collaborate with colleagues on opportunities for and expectations of care that reflects Patient Centered Excellence.
4) Participate in patient rounding and proactively respond to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
5) Collaborate with leadership, managers, staff and physicians to identify system/process work to ensure excellence in patient centered care consistent with the strategic plan. Collaborates with the leadership team on each unit and with the patient experience champions to coach and conduct education. Provide regular status report updates to leadership promotes an environment where open, honest communication allows for equality, shared responsibility and mutual respect. Participate in multidisciplinary forums in order to problem solve and facilitate planning. Seek opportunities to build healthy relationships with others. Participate on departmental and hospital committees as requested. Provide timely feedback to colleagues through formal and informal forums. Values and supports inquiry and learning.
6) Solicit input and participation of all key stakeholders (Direct care staff, ancillary staff, physicians, leadership, PFCC committee, and PFAC committee)
7) Insure the integrity of the Baystate Health brand Patient/Family Experience
8) Identify best practices and best principles and hardwiring successful initiatives. Develop action plans for experience design and satisfaction improvement. Conduct on-going best practice research to gain new learning and identify areas of growth/improvement
9) Support the ongoing development of staff through coaching, mentoring and role modeling as it relates to patient experience. Supports change by ensuring appropriate support and resources to staff. Seek opportunities to build working alliances with other professional groups. Demonstrates excitement and enthusiasm for patient experience related initiatives. Seek guidance for appropriate resources in overcoming barriers. Provide opportunities to recognize staff
10) Communicate and interact with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner. Facilitate focus groups and support the Patient Family Advisory Councils
Bachelor’s Degree Required – Master’s Degree Preferred
3-5 year’s experience in Change Management or Customer Service Required
3-5 year’s patient experience preferred
Demonstrate a customer service commitment to patients through adherence to customer service standards and processes
Mentor staff in service recovery
Use focus groups, one-on-one interviews, pertinent documentation, observations and other appropriate techniques for determining the needs for achieving optimum Patient Experience/Service Excellence
Facilitates resolution of patient complaints as necessary to assure optimum outcomes
Words with staff to create continuous organizational transformation in meeting the ongoing needs of patients and families
Support and facilitate teams to assist them to reach consensus on course of action when there are multiple perspectives
Understand the use of qualitative and quantitative analysis and other techniques to translate data into relevant, useful information that drives change
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.