Patient Training - Baystate Health
Category(s): Education, Patient Training
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence is looking for a Parent Education Instructor to join our women's health team!
Parent Education Instructor has knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects. Participates in patient rounding for Baystate’s New Beginnings with a focus on postpartum education, support and newborn care. May participate in the implementation and evaluation of educational programs such as Preparation for Childbirth, Hospital tours, Infant Feeding Classes, Babysitters Academy, Infant Care, New Moms Support Group, Grandparents and Pediatric educational and outreach programs offered through Parent Education that embraces both Women’s Services and Baystate Children’s Hospital philosophy, goals, and objectives. Assesses and evaluates the educational needs of the client. Utilizes variety of instructional materials and teaching strategies that are appropriate to subject matter being taught and the learning needs of the client. Determines and implements appropriate teaching plan with dignity and respect. Counsels clients in patients room or classroom as required. Demonstrates Performs other duties as assigned.
Expansion of the summary description. Specific job related responsibilities that will be used to measure performance. Please check which job responsibilities are “Essential Functions” as defined by the Americans With Disability Act. View ADA Requirements
1) Utilizes effective communication skills in interpersonal relationships with clients, families, visitors, manager, co-workers, and other members of the health care team.
2) Maintains thorough knowledge of current methods, techniques, and practices in Adult, Childbirth, and Parent Education.
3) Participates in the implementation and evaluation of programs offered through Parent Education.
4) Assesses the learning needs of clients and utilizes appropriate teaching strategies to meet the needs of all learners.
5) Demonstrates flexibility and accountability in meeting the needs of the Parent Education department.
6) Maintains Professional/Practice Competency.
Minimally Required Education:
Bachelor's degree required, prefer education or related field
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Three years previous teaching experience
2) Childbirth education, parent education, and/or lactation consultant experience
Certified Lactation Counselor (Preferred)
Certified Childbirth Educator (Required)
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Monique M. Jesus
Associate Healthcare Recruiter
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Education (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Certified Childbirth Educator – Other, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant – International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.