Home Care Nursing - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Home Care Nursing
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
The Hospice RN performs nursing services requiring the physical, psychological, emotional, and socioeconomic assessment in the care of the patient with a terminal and life limiting diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for the care and well being of assigned patients. Participates as an active member of the care team and collaborates with other members to assure quality and safety measures are met. Contributes to the efficacy of care delivery and an overall positive patient experience.
1) Clinical Practice/Clinical Assessment/Data Collection-Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages for the applicable age groups and applies developmental theories and concepts when implementing care. Establishes realistic goals and develops plan of treatment in cooperation with the patient, family and members of the health care team. Demonstrates excellent physical assessment and care planning skills. Demonstrates current knowledge of pharmacology and medication administration. Performs skilled nursing service in homes, skilled nursing facilities and acute care facilities. Develops an individualized plan of care based on patient, utilizing assessment data and standards of care while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
2) Demonstrates sound decision making skills in the coordination of patient care. Participates with members of the health care team in problem solving patient and/or staff related conflicts in a way that demonstrates a positive, mature and cooperative manner.
3) Clinical Practice/Coordination of Services-Assesses and revises goals and treatment plan as appropriate for high quality service to patients in collaboration with interdisciplinary team. Coordinates care and discharge planning with other team members during case conference. Acquires and maintains a working knowledge of all third party payers, regulatory bodies and agency policies on issues related to documentation and care provided. Performs a thorough and complete assessment within established time standards while completing mandated documentation in a thorough and timely manner. Evaluates patient response to interventions and revises goals as appropriate while communicating with all members of the health care team.
4) Standard Nursing Visit-Every nursing visit should include a full patient assessment, medication reconciliation, review of care plan, education to patietn and family including any and all treatments that are ordered.
5) Professional Practice/Development/Education-Receives and considers appropriate feedback from Quality and Education staff on areas for continued improvement. Supervises other members of care team according to agency policies (LPN's and HHA's). Assumes responsibility to keep informed of current changes and trends in the nursing profession. Adheres to established policies, procedures and standards of nursing care. Demonstrates current clinical knowledge, skill and competency. Collaborates with managers to provide appropriate observations and experiences for students and orientees. Ability to be a team player and work within an interdisciplinary team. Attends and contributes to in-service programs.
6) Communicates, collaborates and maintains relationships within the healthcare team. Maintains professional boundaries within patient and healthcare team relationships.
7) Demonstrates accountability for professional practice, growth and development. Works towards individual and/or team objectives. Assumes additional responsibilities as requested. Adheres to system and departmental compliance policies, and any applicable laws and regulations.
Required Work Experience:
1) 1 year of Med/Surg nursing with community health care experience.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None listed.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Excellent judgment and communication skills.
2) Ability to work independently with attention to detail.
3) Computer experience helpful.
4) Candidate will undergo drug testing and may be required to submit to random drug testing after hire.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Nursing (Required)
Certified Home Health Aid – Other, Driver License – Other, Heart Saver CPR – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.