Workforce Planning - Baystate Health
Category(s): Human Resources, Workforce Planning
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Bilingual and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider is
looking for a Workforce Planning Partner to join our team! Remote work option
available for local applicants within a commutable distance from Springfield, MA. Role may require you to work from the corporate office several times per month.
The Workforce Planning Partner is a Human Resource specialist who draws on his or her expertise in workforce development, career mobility, data analytics, and business acumen to create, align, and execute talent/workforce solutions. This job role includes Strategic Workforce Planning (long-term planning to ensure Baystate Health's access to the critical talent it needs to deliver on strategic imperatives) as well as Operational Workforce Planning (aligning staffing to short-term plans). As Workforce Plans often result in workforce development strategies, the Workforce Planning Partner is expected to play a lead role in coordinating workforce training programs including their design, administration, and recruitment and liaises with stakeholders internally and externally to the organization. Additionally, the Workforce Planning Partner ensures career mobility is an important talent strategy and partners closely with Talent Acquisition and Talent Management to ensure employees regularly promote, playing a case management role with employees that have been affected by lay-off or who may have been afforded job reassignment as an ADA accommodation. He or she also collaborates closely with Compensation in the maintenance and movement of Career Ladders and for workforce planning consults where compensation matters are part of the project and/or analysis.
1) Strategic workforce planning: facilitates strategic workforce planning consults with operational leaders with the goal of developing plans to close talent gaps. Assists the leader of Workforce Planning in the maintenance and development of the organizational workforce plan.
2) Operational Workforce Planning: Partners with operational leaders to analyze staffing. May make recommendations to change schedule and or position management.
3) Workforce development: develops, coordinates, and recruits for workforce training programs. This activity may require working with internal stakeholders though also includes working with external training providers and academic institutions.
4) Workforce development funding: works internally and externally to secure funding for workforce development programming. May assist with grant preparation and funds administration. Includes some limited invoicing.
5) Career Mobility: Plays the part of case manager for employees seeking advancement and coordinates with Talent Management and Talent Acquisition to ensure that career mobility is a go-to strategy. Coordinates with recruiters to understand current vacancies and may recommend internal candidates for requisitions. Acts as a recruiter (full-life cycle) in some instances when working with requisitions specifically designated for workforce programs. Takes the lead with working with employees that have been affected by lay-off or who have an ADA accommodation for job reassignment.
6) Data Analytics: synthesizes and interprets key HR, Financial, and Productivity indicators that facilitate workforce planning. Works with data analysts and HRMS team member to receive data and may be involved in preparing promotional data for career ladders.
7) Career Ladders: Is an expert in developing and maintaining career ladders. Works with compensation to make sure grading is at market and partners on promotional programs such as the clinical nurse recognition program. Requires close collaboration with Human Resource Business Partners and Compensation Consultants.
Required Work Experience:
1) Three years experience in positions that afford transferable skills and may come from other human resource or Talent disciplines, healthcare operations, or workforce development.
Skills and Competencies:
Business acumen. Group facilitation. Data knowledgeable. Intermediate use of Microsoft Excel and other office products. Advanced workday subject matter knowledge needed. Understanding of how to read a balance sheet.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts (Required)
Strategic Workforce Planner – Human Capital Institute
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.