Ambulatory Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Ambulatory Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Wellness on Wheels Mobile Nurse – Per diem
Wellness on Wheels ( WOW ) bus travels to various locations in the region to provide Community Centered Outreach IN the community, WITH the community and meeting people where they are at.
The WOW bus travels and aligns with community partner sites such as food distribution, farmers markets, family services and housing & community events
- Bringing preventive health services—screening, education, and referrals—directly to people instead of making them come to us
- Providing education tailored to community needs
- Referrals – connecting community members to care
- Promotes health and wellness for individuals and groups of patients
- Understands social and cultural differences that might impede patient care
- Collaborates with area coalitions to provide advocacy for residents and the community.
- Provides education and counseling including but not limited to chronic health conditions, substance and opioid use and mental health
- Massachusetts license as a RN and BLS CPR
- Minimum of 2-3 years of nursing experience
- Experience in outpatient, community health or primary care nursing experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks/priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have competency in delivering exceptional nursing care and have proven success partnering with both physicians and staff
- Bilingual-Spanish speaking preferred
Location: Bus will travel to various locations in Springfield, Greenfield, Ware/Palmer, Westfield
Per diem – some days, evenings and weekends
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree, Diploma in Nursing (Required)
Basic Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association, RN Nurse Practitioner – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.