Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Coordinates and facilitates the provision of high quality, cost effective home health services on weekends for all Baystate Home Health 3 Regions East, West and Central for nursing and rehab services. Directs the care team to assure excellent internal and external customer service (patients and families, referral sources, employees, health system partners, etc) in all 3 Regions( for all clinicians(RN, LPN, PT, and HHA).
This role is always supported by Manager on Call and the Administrator on Call.
1) Demonstrates advanced knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, developmental stages, pharmacology, health promotion and disease prevention and treatment, best practice interventions, BHH policies and procedures through daily interactions with staff, physicians and patient/families.
2) Stays abreast of and interprets regulatory trends and assure ongoing compliance and survey readiness. Drive a culture of accountability for regulatory compliance and financial stewardship.
3) Works closely with Enterprise Director, Clinical Directors and Clinical Managers for all 3 Region to address customer concerns/complaints and adverse events. Identifies and addresses complex patient/family clinical, social, behavioral and cultural needs.
4) Triage all phones calls(coming from the Answering Service) during the weekends to ensure that appropriate prn visits are scheduled and made by the staff for each office.
5) Triage all phone calls to ensure that patients needs are met whether that is a home visit needed or a screening phone call and to prevent re-hospitalizations.
6) Manages difficult conversations with patients/staff and resolves issues or recommends alternative solutions.
7) Sets expectations for behavior and communication and holds individuals accountable for their actions. Serves as a role model for effective communication across the organization.
8) The Triage Coordinator will be trained and oriented to the evidenced based practice of the Thompson Protocols for Telephone Triage.
9) Appropriately notifies administrator on call for any emergencies.
10) Develops and works with the Weekend Scheduler for all nursing and rehab schedules. Monitors work assignments and assures that staffing is adequate to meet agency responsibilities for current patients.
11) Assures staff productivity and performance and works with the clinical manager/director to assure performance concerns are addressed promptly by clinical manager or director.
12) Triages phone calls as needed during weekends.
13) Works closely with the weekend schedulers and Intake department to ensure all admissions are scheduled timely.
14) Oversees and supervisors the weekend scheduler.
15) Sets expectations for behavior and communication and holds individuals accountable for their actions during the weekends. Serves as a role model for effective communication across the organization.
16) Performs home visits as required.
17) ther duties as required for shift support.
Required Work Experience:
1) 1-3 years home health RN or similar experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None required
Skills and Competencies:
1) Computer skills (word, excel,EMR)
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts: Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Driver License – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.