Radiology/Imaging - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Radiology/Imaging
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Vascular Technologist sign on bonus for those eligible
- Full time
- Day position
- Rotating call, Saturday/Sunday only, 8a-4:30pm.
We are a 716-bed independent academic medical center. We are the community's major referral hospital, and we provide a wide range of services, including:
- Cancer care
- Critical care medicine
- Digestive disorder care
- Heart and vascular disease care
- Laboratory services
- Neurological disorders
- Obstetrics and gynecology care
- And care for many other injuries, illnesses, and conditions
- Ranked among highest performing hospitals nationally by U.S. News & World Report
- Among only 1% of hospitals to be recognized by Magnet® 4 consecutive times
- Named a top 50 cardiovascular hospital by Watson Health
In addition to our outstanding care for adults, we also treat children with acute and chronic illnesses at Baystate Children's Hospital, which is located on our main Springfield campus.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Jim Pugliese, Healthcare Recruiter
Bring your experience to one of the largest vascular lab programs in the region!
You will be able to diversify your experience with complex cases, while working with a team dedicated to the patient experience.
As a vascular sonographer, you will perform sonograms evaluating different aspects of the venous and arterial systems throughout the body. You should have experience in imaging these native systems as well as post-surgical repairs.
The team dynamic sets this position apart. Your colleagues are dedicated to the patient experience providing compassionate care to every patient. You will be working in positive environment which values flexibility and professional growth.
Every day will present a new challenge as you work on high-end, complex cases. You will experience diverse cases, allowing you to learn and grow. You also have the ability to cross-train and cover various locations balancing autonomy and collaborative group efforts.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED, Associate's degree preferred
- Graduate of an ultrasonography accredited program
- RVT or RCS preferred; Registry eligible required through ARDMS or CCI.
- Must meet ARDMS registry requirements and be certified within twelve (12) months of hire.
- CPR required
- 3 + years Vascular experience preferred
What You Will Do:
- Knowledge and understanding of ultrasound physics, instrumentation, tissue characteristics, and measurements of blood flow, including the biological effects of ultrasound. Familiar with other types of diagnostic tests (i.e. clinical laboratory tests, nuclear cardiology, and cardiac catherization)
- Ability to integrate heart and vascular ultrasound results with the results of such other tests.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and considers their impact on care and incorporates culturally sensitive interventions using consultation and resources.
- Assuming responsibility for defined caseload of patients.
- Gathering and processing relevant procedure data.
- Possessing a comprehensive understanding of heart and vascular and thoracic anatomy, heart and vascular pathophysiology, hemodynamics, and embryology.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Certificate: Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer – American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.