Equipment and Material Aids - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Equipment and Material Aids
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually.
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service.
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Pamelia Morrow, Healthcare Recruiter
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Utility Aides and/or Manager of Production/Executive Chef the Utility Aide performs a variety of tasks related to the support of the operations of a professional kitchen. These tasks include: tray assembly, delivery, mechanical and/or hand washing of all Food Service plate ware, utensils, equipment and pots/pans. The Utility Aide is responsible for maintaining quality, cleanliness and ongoing sanitation of all Dish room and Food Service Production areas. Duties include but are not limited to: assembling trays for patient meal consumption, delivery of carts with assembled trays, retrieval of carts with soiled trays, cleaning of all plate ware, utensils, equipment, floors and pots/pans, mopping and sanitizing all food prep floor areas, cleaning checklists, temperature logs, maintenance reports and personal example. The Utility Aide is expected to deliver high quality services to patients, guests, co-workers, visitors and other customers of Baystate Health System.
1) Safe, sanitary food safety and equipment techniques. Use of gloves when setting up trays, following policies for effective use of mechanical cleaning of plates, pots and pans and silverware. Utilization of temp logs and organization of clean items so they do not come in contact with dirty items etc.
2) Able to perform all five main dish-room tasks. Tray assembly, cart delivery/retrieval (that includes knowledge of all units in hospital), tray removal, loading and unloading. Use of conveyor-type dish machine.
3) Accurately assembles patient meal trays that are in compliance with diet orders and food allergies. Practices safe food handling including maintaining appropriate food temperature, hand washing and personal hygiene. Utilizes First In, First Out rotation system.
4) Maintains temperature, QC and QA logs as directed by HACCP, JCAHO and DPH regulations, and Executive Chef or designee directives.
5) Cleans and sanitizes all equipment and floors at end of night or shift. Safe use of chemicals used in dish room. Follows Quality Assurance charts for accurate ratio of water to chemicals used for sanitizing where applicable.
6) Cleans and sanitizes all equipment and floors at end of night or shift. Safe use of chemicals used in dish room. Follows Quality Assurance charts for accurate ratio of water to chemicals used for sanitizing where applicable.
7) Team player in a fast paced environment.
8) Able to work independently with little supervision.
9) Perform other duties/assignments that are necessary without advanced notice in a fast paced kitchen environment to include: food prep, special cleaning projects, etc.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 2 years experience in a healthcare, restaurant or other hospitality setting
Skills and Competencies:
1) Safe Food Handler Certificate
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET, Non-Graduate
ServSave Food Handlers Certified – ServSafe National Restaurant Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.