Equipment and Material Aids - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Equipment and Material Aids
Full Time / Part Time: Part-Time
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Utility Aides and/or Manager of Production/Executive Chef the Utility Aide performs a variety of tasks related to the support of the operations of a professional kitchen. These tasks include: tray assembly, delivery, mechanical and/or hand washing of all Food Service plate ware, utensils, equipment and pots/pans. The Utility Aide is responsible for maintaining quality, cleanliness and ongoing sanitation of all Dish room and Food Service Production areas. Duties include but are not limited to: assembling trays for patient meal consumption, delivery of carts with assembled trays, retrieval of carts with soiled trays, cleaning of all plate ware, utensils, equipment, floors and pots/pans, mopping and sanitizing all food prep floor areas, cleaning checklists, temperature logs, maintenance reports and personal example. The Utility Aide is expected to deliver high quality services to patients, guests, co-workers, visitors and other customers of Baystate Health System.
1) Safe, sanitary food safety and equipment techniques. Use of gloves when setting up trays, following policies for effective use of mechanical cleaning of plates, pots and pans and silverware. Utilization of temp logs and organization of clean items so they do not come in contact with dirty items etc.
2) Able to perform all five main dish-room tasks. Tray assembly, cart delivery/retrieval (that includes knowledge of all units in hospital), tray removal, loading and unloading. Use of conveyor-type dish machine.
3) Accurately assembles patient meal trays that are in compliance with diet orders and food allergies. Practices safe food handling including maintaining appropriate food temperature, hand washing and personal hygiene. Utilizes First In, First Out rotation system.
4) Maintains temperature, QC and QA logs as directed by HACCP, JCAHO and DPH regulations, and Executive Chef or designee directives.
5) Cleans and sanitizes all equipment and floors at end of night or shift. Safe use of chemicals used in dish room. Follows Quality Assurance charts for accurate ratio of water to chemicals used for sanitizing where applicable.
6) Cleans and sanitizes all equipment and floors at end of night or shift. Safe use of chemicals used in dish room. Follows Quality Assurance charts for accurate ratio of water to chemicals used for sanitizing where applicable.
7) Team player in a fast paced environment.
8) Able to work independently with little supervision.
9) Perform other duties/assignments that are necessary without advanced notice in a fast paced kitchen environment to include: food prep, special cleaning projects, etc.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 2 years experience in a healthcare, restaurant or other hospitality setting
Skills and Competencies:
1) Safe Food Handler Certificate
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET, Non-Graduate
ServSave Food Handlers Certified – ServSafe National Restaurant Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.