Unit Clerical Support - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Unit Clerical Support
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Reports to the Manager, but daily activities are coordinated by the charge nurse. Independently works with patient and family centered care teams to insure all business functions related to processing patient information, managing documentation, organizing patient medical record and facilitating smooth unit operations. Files appropriate patient reports and other information for their records. Facilitates communication among staff, relaying messages/information. Performs functions necessary for patient visits. Answers phones and supports unit.
1) Printing labels wristbands and facesheets from SMS
2) Collation of charge tickets and making chart packs
3) Chart creation and labeling charts
4) Maintaining the future drawers, retrieve emails, maintain the fax machine and filing of the necessary paperwork.
5) Answers the phones in a timely and courteous manner.
6) Maintaining the days out required for chart preparation
7) Complete ordering of stock and print shop items
8) Putting away stock
9) Account for charts in the chart room
10) Front desk monitoring of Centricity for patient arrival
12) make mail run 2 times a day
14) complete order entry for labs, ekg and chest x-rays
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Filing, basic typing and computer skills
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.