Emergency Medicine Services - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Emergency Medicine Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Reports to the Clinical Assistant Nurse Manager, however, daily activities are coordinated by the charge RN. This description covers the essential function of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time. Responsibilities include direct patient care.
1) Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages for all age groups and applies developmental theories and concepts when planning and implementing care for patients within this role.
2) Monitors basic physiological parameters and reports changes to the RN. Administers treatment and procedures in accordance with BMC policy/procedure.
3) Identifies self to patients and families; wears ID badge 100% of the time.
4) Provides a safe environment for patients and staff by complying with hospital and departmental safety procedures. Fosters an environment that reflects teamwork by offering to help those who are in need and demonstrates respectful communication with all co-workers. Develops and maintains good human relation skills.
5) Participates with educational activities, unit staff meetings and is knowledgeable of emergency procedures. Maintains basic Cardiac Life Support Certification, day away validations and attends mandatory in-services to maintain skills competency.
6) Fosters an environment that reflects teamwork by offering to help those who are in need and demonstrates respectful communication with all co-workers.
7) Take vital signs/assessments
8) Acts as patient/family advocate. Provides for patient safety. Assists ambulatory patients in a safe manner..
9) Has knowledge of care of patients with latex, other allergies
10) Apply simple dressings both sterile and non-sterile
11) Take charts from patients for logging into book. Brings paper work to appropriate location. Log patient into book. .
12) Provides patients with comfort measure; blankets, etc.
Required Work Experience:
1) 1-3 years
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) CPR, Safety Education, Point of Care Validation, Self Learning Module, written test, direct clinical observation
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Basic Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.