Customer Service - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Customer Service
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Director of Ambulatory Manager/Director, the Surgical Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for coordination of surgical booking needs for Ambulatory practices as determined by the Chiefs or Medical Director. This role oversees the daily functions of the surgical schedules including coordination of block time, and patient care requirements for surgery. Works collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary interdepartmental team including Surgical Services, Access Services Department, Risk Management, Patient Financial Services, Information Technology and others.
Requires strong computer skills and knowledge of the Windows environment, scheduling systems, patient
access systems and networks. Computer proficiency inclusive of the ability to access, enter and interpret
computerized data/information required.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills required. Ability to interact with multiple disciplines throughout the surgical patient care model including patients, physicians and staff in a variety of inter and intradepartmental areas. Requires abilities to multitask and manage complex processes. Assumes additional responsibilities as necessary to support surgical scheduling processes and areas aligned with the surgical care of the patient.
1) Daily oversight of Surgical Scheduling for Practice/Department. Ensures quality and accuracy of surgical case scheduling. Facilitates all patient care needs including medical clearance, interpreter requests, special equipment, pre-op and post op appointments. Utilizes CIS to facilitate and document patient correspondence and surgical triage for all cases. Coordinates provider availability for accuracy in scheduling. Anticipates and troubleshoots potential problems and takes corrective actions.
2) Ability to utilize integrated systems within surgical services. Responsible for add on cases and schedule changes, case changes and cancellations for surgeons. Successfully coordinates multiple surgeons based on case requirements. Arranges for Vendor participation as required.
3) Works with all insurance companies to acquire authorization for procedures including preauthorization's and any special requirements. Ensures accurate entry of surgical case information and monitors billing compliance.
4) Responsible for the production of reports and data collection tools to track case volumes and maximize block utilization. Evaluates block schedules assigned to each division and releases block time as needed. Create Reports and tracks case volume by division.
5) Collaborates with the staff in Perioperative Services and Access Services. Promotes relationships based on mutual respect and support. Communicates effectively with staff/colleagues/physicians and other members of the health care team.
6) Takes ownership and accountability for accomplishing work assignments for the Surgical Scheduling team. Serves as a teacher/leader/role model in fostering a collaborative environment for unit of responsibility. Willingly performs tasks beyond scope of position.
Required Work Experience:
1) 3 years customer service and computer skills
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 3 yrs
2) Surgical Scheduling, Medical Terminology
Skills and Competencies:
1) Interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and in a team, analytical skills, self-motivated
2) Team Player, Commitment, Flexibility, Problem-solving, Communication, Service Excellence, Organizational Awareness, Learning, Personal Responsibility, Emotional Maturity
3) Medical terminology, telephone etiquette and customer service skills
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.