IT Support - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, IT Support
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The Technical Lead – Internal Data Integration oversees operational activities, work of staff as assigned, as well as ensuring that the appropriate resources and solutions are available to meet the needs of projects that involve the exchange of data with the enterprise required to meet our organizational goals and objectives. The Technical Lead will have extensive leadership in complex software projects with a track record of delivering sound data integration solutions and will be able to contribute to tasks and work required of a senior IT professional in data integration, while simultaneously ensuring sound operational practices, solution design, and development for all BH data integration efforts. The Technical Lead will partner with project managers, with business partners, vendors, and other stakeholders on projects that require his/her subject matter expertise. S/He will ensure that these projects are managed towards success, while still maintaining the operations for which her/his team is responsible. The Technical Lead will also recommend and assist in the development and management of operational and capital budgets annually. The candidate will proactively evaluate and implement team processes and procedures that optimize team productivity through training, coaching, planning, and oversight of day-to-day operations. The Technical Lead is responsible for ensuring that his/her area of expertise is properly managed and directed towards the goals and objectives of the organization. The Technical Lead will report to the Manager of IT. The incumbent will work closely with other peer Architects, Technical Leads, and Team Leads from within and outside of IT and will need to communicate at different technical levels, from the application architects to the end user.
· Provides leadership and guidance for a team of IT professionals. Promotes and encourages staff to provide great customer service to all technology users, both internal and external.
· Oversees the IT operations and day-to-day tasks of his/her team’s IT portfolio.
· Designs system solutions to meet the needs of technology users.
· Work with clinical and/or business partners on products and technologies already in production for maintenance, enhancement, optimizations, etc.
· Continues to improve operations through process improvement.
· Proactively evaluates and implements team processes and procedures to optimize team productivity.
· Defines and maintains policies and procedures for developing proper support procedures for hardware, software and/or infrastructure.
· Develops, reviews, and tracks service level agreements on a regular basis to continually increase user satisfaction.
· Interacts with other IT Team Leaders to resolve difficult technical issues. Works with other Team Leaders and departments to optimize project deliverables.
· On-call coverage; after-hours and weekend work may be required in order to meet the objectives of the team.
· Backs up Manager for operations or meetings as needed.
Minimum Required Education/Experience:
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience is required.
· Seven or more years’ experience in healthcare technology (preferred), and/or other industry technology. At least three years’ leading mid-sized to large technical projects with a history of successful delivery.
· Demonstrated ability to lead and coach staff and develop and institute operational processes.
· Excellent project management skills
· Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements and operational issues.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Able to lead any sized project of high technical complexity in the area of data integration with only general over-site management.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and able to quickly diagnosis issues.
· Excellent listener
Ability to work under pressure
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Computer and Information Science (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.