IT Support - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, IT Support
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Team Lead – Data and Visualization
Reports to: Manager of Enterprise Analytics, Informatics & Technology, Center for Analytics, Baystate Health. Remote work option available for applicants in the following states: CT, FLA, IA, KS, MA, MI, NH, NC, TN, TX, VT, RI, OH
Are you interested in an opportunity to work in a rapidly evolving healthcare IT space and work for a team that is looking to pioneer data analytics to improve the quality of healthcare and save lives? We are looking for a team lead who loves leveraging data by providing actionable insights through development of visualization and reporting solutions to solve complex business problems in healthcare. This position is client facing so you will build and maintain relationships (through expertise and influence) with cross-functional teams representing technology, business, and clinical expertise. The visualization team lead will help to continue to cultivate an environment of highly effective collaboration, communication, and execution of programs/processes across the organization. As the visualization team lead, you will lead the solution delivery teams and be the liaison between the business and technology teams.
The position will be part of the Enterprise Analytics team and be involved in shaping the strategy of data identification, reporting, visualization, and contributing to the standards for department and organizational dashboards. The team lead role will help shape strategy and grow the current data visualization team into a future-state industrialized solution delivery capability for Baystate that includes working with clients to understand their business requirements, building and maintaining the product backlog, and successfully leading agile projects through their respective lifecycles.
The capacity to grow toward shaping the future vision of analytics at Baystate or previous transformation experience is desirable. Experience with different software delivery methods, knowledge of analytics solutions, healthcare or business value perspectives are all beneficial.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Solution Delivery Management
· Lead and/or participate on internal and client project team meetings including Agile sprint teams.
· Coordinate and facilitate meetings with business leaders and technical staff including but not limited to: requirements gathering, prioritization, sprint/project planning, and demonstrations/retrospectives.
· Participate in and/or facilitate the prioritization, sizing, and business justification of product enhancements.
· Create analytics including advanced visualizations, charts, graphs, infographics, dashboards, etc. to provide insights on clinical and business processes to optimize and improve care for our patients and partners.
· Distill qualitative and quantitative insight to communicate compelling and impactful stories.
· Prepare, define and track user acceptance tests for projects to help ensure quality and relevance.
· Work closely with the User Experience, Data Engineers, Architects and key subject matter experts in defining and delivering compelling solutions.
· Participates in production deployments, verifying patches and bug fixes, and support on-call for production environment.
· Provide analytics subject matter expertise and “art of the possible.”
· Work with management to prepare and maintain a product roadmap which defines product enhancements for short- and long-term releases.
· Build and maintain reference dashboard catalog used by enterprise data analysts and internal partners.
· Drive ongoing interaction across various business units to engage analysts on respective functional teams and streamline data access, analysis and visualization designs.
· Perform technical analysis to determine present and future business performance.
· Assist in the definition and build of future state analytics capabilities at Baystate and the architecture to support scalable delivery.
· Research and recommend industry trends for data architecture frameworks and latest developments.
· Lead the visualization delivery team, handle issues, and mitigate risks.
· Mentor and guide team members on Tableau and data visualization including the research, development, and support of data visualization and relevant data prep techniques.
· Prioritize demand and team work efforts.
· Develop and grow team members towards the longer-term goal of scalable analytics delivery.
· Manage partners and vendors assisting with solution delivery.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
· Evidence of strong investigative, analytical, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
· Strong knowledge of best practices for data analysis, visualizations, dashboards, and business intelligence reporting with emphasis on design, storytelling, and publishing
· Understanding of data architecture patterns and relevance to reporting and visualizations
· Experience in all phases of product, software, and testing lifecycles
· Experience leading virtual teams
· Knowledge in software delivery methodologies e.g. Agile, Scrum, Kanban
· Ability to serve as a liaison between both business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs
· 7-10 years' experience working in information technology achieved through a combination of education or professional experience
· 7 years' experience with data analytics with a focus on end user deliverables including dashboards, reports, and business insights
· 5 years’ experience of Tableau desktop
· 3 years’ experience of Tableau server management
· A real passion for building software solutions with state-of-the-art technology
· You embrace challenging situations and enjoy solving complex problems
· Strong organizational skills and the capability to interpret and handle a vast array of information
· Conflict management and negotiation skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels
· Ability to actively identify risks and drive action to mitigate and resolve issues
· You embrace challenging situations and enjoy solving complex problems
· Strong organizational skills and the capability to interpret and handle a vast array of information, especially in Data
· Prefer bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar discipline
· Prefer experience in design and user experience
· Prefer experience in automating processes through programmatic approaches (Dev Ops)
· Prefer experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and predictive analytics
· Broad Healthcare industry experience aligned to Health care provider services including physicians’ offices and other ancillary services
· Understanding of healthcare service provider related data such as ADT (Admission, Discharge, Transfers), patient demographics, clinical diagnosis, billing, insurance payments, clinical test results, etc.
· Some knowledge of HIPAA (Health Information Privacy Act) Rules, guidance on compliance
· Adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating structure in ambiguous environments
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Computer and Information Science (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.