Call Center - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Call Center
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The System manager for operator services provides proactive leadership in a fast-paced, high-visibility call center environment. The position requires strategically coordinating between internal and external stakeholders, physicians, leaders, and call center staff. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing operational and strategic services provided by the department to support designated service lines regionally. The position includes engagement in planning and the development of departmental
budgets. Additional administrative activities that require effective interpersonal and oral/written communication skills. The individual must identify opportunities for improved performance and initiate appropriate staff developmental plans. Provides leadership to achieve a satisfied and competent employee work environment. Conducts annual reviews of staff performance and initiates Career Ladder promotions as warranted. This individual is a liaison between the department and outside communities regionally. The individual serves as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department and designs, implements, and measures internally developed learning solutions. This individual works cohesively with departmental management to ensure that the department consistently achieves desired outcomes, including high patient and physician satisfaction. Processes the ability to implement change, demonstrating the ability to motivate and direct employees with productive follow-through. Ensures appropriate and timely responses to calls from our patients, their families, clinicians, physicians, and our Baystate Health business partners. Partners with Baystate Health's Telecom team to ensure our call system provides integrated, patient-centered information that ensures timely delivery of appropriate information utilizing our call system tool.
Fosters communication and high-level service to satisfy our partner's requests. Understands our partner's needs and utilize his or her knowledge of the operator service responsibilities to make decisions that will enable the most expedient and efficient access to information.
Responsible for utilizing an efficient work process, creating positive experiences and outcomes that meet clinicians, physicians, and patient needs, and fostering strong relationships with others to build loyalty and trust in our service offerings. Participates in weekly vendor meetings and in-services to ensure a complete understanding of the call center product
1) Directs, delegates, and oversees workforce efforts as appropriate to ensure the highest quality and best possible service delivery. Hires, coaches, develops, reviews, disciplines, and terminates staff as necessary
2) Develop and maintain product-line/service-specific policies and procedures. Act as Contact Center liaison between assigned services and their external customers. Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure customer expectations for access to services are met.
3) Develop and monitor collaborative service area agreements regionally. Establish periodic and ad hoc reports to communicate key indicators of performance. Monitors and develops department budget as assigned to ensure compliance with fiscal constrictions.
4) Consistently monitors utilization and aligns with BH Hospitals to optimize the ability to care for our community. Participates in leadership meetings and committees to ensure patient satisfaction consistently meets or exceeds organizational goals.
5) Ensure information systems meet business needs. Make recommendations for enhancements. Identify and appropriately report any system performance issues. Provide agreed-upon support to I & T to assist with system implementations, upgrades, etc.
6) Develop and monitor ongoing quality assurance indicators. Identify opportunities for improvement and work with the departmental management team to develop operational and technology changes to improve quality, efficiency, increase employee or customer satisfaction
7) Monitor changes to regulatory requirements to ensure business processes comply with federal, state, payor, and regulatory agencies requirements (JCAHO, HIPAA, CMS, etc.)
8) Collaborate with Contact Center Management Team in support of departmental initiatives and goals. Collaborate with the Management team to recommend/develop departmental-wide policies and procedures. As needed, provides coverage for other product lines/services in the absence of the assigned manager. Collaborate with the Management team to develop and implement initiatives to ensure employee satisfaction.
9) Independently manage implementations for assigned product lines. Collaborate on work teams assigned to implement technology, process, or policy changes within the department, various work units, or throughout the Health System.
10) Function as the content expert for assigned product lines. Provide consultative service to our internal customers. By request of specific service, analyze existing operational processes and systems, and recommend process or system changes to improve outcomes. Act as Operator Services liaison when serving on various divisional, facility, and health system committee
11) Supervises the daily operations and personnel assigned within the Operator Services group. Assigns work and ensures coverage for all shifts throughout the essential 24-hour, 7-day-a-week, weekend, and holiday operational needs. Acts as a resource to the team
Minimally Required Education:
Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of 5 year’s experience in a healthcare capacity with three year’s experience in healthcare management
Minimally Required Experience:
Customer account management experience. Project management experience. Experience with an improvement of quality indicators (customer surveys, ACD statistics, call monitoring, etc.). Excellent oral and written communication skills. Minimum of three years of management or job coaching experience, preferably in a customer service environment
Preferred Required Experience:
Minimum of 5 yrs. in a customer service environment, preferably healthcare or call center. Demonstrated experience in a team-oriented, fast-paced, multi-priority setting with an emphasis on problem-solving and team-building skills.
Microsoft Office Suite of Applications. Scheduling systems. Financial systems
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Arts (Required), Master of Arts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.