Call Center - Baystate Health
Category(s): Administrative Support, Call Center
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Under the supervision of the Switchboard Manager, the Switchboard Operator, answers all incoming calls from both outside and inside the Medical Center. Performs responsibilities within the established customer service standards. Responds appropriately to Code and Disaster plans, according to policy. Demonstrates knowledge of Medical Center personnel and departments. Uses PCIS to locate patients. Uses various paging systems to page appropriate personnel. Serves as a receptionist in the absence of the Front Desk volunteers. Performs Medical Record assembly for various outpatient and inpatient records and provides record for coding within 5 days, if applicable. Provides registration functions for Inpatient units, ancillary, and Emergency Departments, if applicable. Performs other duties to support and assist patients, visitors, and other departments.
1) Practices excellent customer service, representing the Medical Center in a professional manner.
2) Processes all telephone traffic in a timely manner.
3) Responds to Emergency situations quickly and accurately.
4) Effectively participates in Departmental activities: is an active team member.
5) Provides age appropriate assistance to all patients and visitors including children, adolescents and Adults.
6) Accurately performs registration activities.
Required Work Experience:
1) Customer service experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Speaks, reads, and writes English clearly
2) Basic computer knowledge
3) Handles multiple priorities successfully
4) Flexible and open to new ways of thinking
5) Ability to respond quickly to an urgent situation
6) Able to pass minimum hearing requirements if required
7) Initiative, Flexibility, Problem Solving, Communication, Learning, Mentoring Capabilities
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.