Surgical Services - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Surgical Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
***SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE***
We are looking for a Surgical Technologist to join our Surgical Services team at Baystate Franklin Medical Center!
$8,000 Sign-On Bonus! (Minimum 1 year OR experience) (Only external applicants qualify for sign-on bonus)
$6,000 Sign-On Bonus! (Less than 1 year OR experience) (Only external applicants qualify for sign-on bonus)
Resume Required with Application
- 40 hours per week, First shift
- Greenfield, MA
Minimum Qualifications by Position:
Surg Tech Intern
- In final year of Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology program
- Must obtain surgical technologist certification within 6 months of graduation.
- Upon certification, Surg Tech Intern would promote to Surgical Technologist I
Surgical Technologist I
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology
- Surgical Technologist Certification
Surgical Technologist II
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Surgical Technologist
- 1 year of employment as Surgical Technologist at Baystate Health OR 2 years of comparable experience and attainment of competency on completion of orientation.
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually.
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service.
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Under the direction of the Unit Manager, RN Clinical Operations Coordinator, and/or RN Service Leads the Surgical Technologist works directly under surgeon/physician guidance to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures.
The Surgical Technologist must possess expertise in the theory and application of aseptic technique; demonstrate the ability to combine knowledge of human anatomy, the surgical process, and procedures including instrumentation and advancing technologies. The surgical technologist will be able to anticipate the needs of the surgeons and or physicians by constant attention and assessment of the surgical process and patient condition to promote a safe, expedient, quality surgical outcome. These skills will facilitate the surgeon's and or physician's performance of minimally invasive, invasive surgical procedures and invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. The Surgical Technologist must be able to function proficiently in a variety of surgical specialty services.
The Surgical Technologist provides patient care primarily through service to the physician/ surgeon. The Surgical Technologist is expected to have an understanding of the procedure being performed, anticipate the needs of the surgeon/physician, and have the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure, while monitoring the sterile field. The Surgical Technologist is accountable for maintaining skills and knowledge to function in commensurate with their assignments and within the policies and procedures of the department.
1) Maintains safety in the operation, management, and inspection of designated equipment and instruments according to manufacturer's guidelines and established policy and procedure.
2) Participates as part of the operating team requiring knowledge of the patient's history, allergies, and intra-operative care plan.
3) Demonstrates knowledge in the use of pharmacological agents dispensed to the sterile field with the ability to recognize mixtures, doses, and labels in accordance with policies and procedures.
4) Maintains an environment conducive to patient safety and aseptic technique in surgical care performance.
5) Accurately completes any required documentation of tasks specific to and within the surgical technologist's scope of practice.
7) Demonstrates skills and knowledge in sharps safety initiatives.
8) Demonstrates skill and knowledge in intra-operative temperature regulation measures.
9) Demonstrates knowledge and skills in specimen handling and labeling.
10) Demonstrates good knowledge and communication of medical terminology.
Skills and Competencies:
1) A Surgical Technologist possesses expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic techniques and combines the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Certified Surgical Technician – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.