Social Worker - Baystate Health
Category(s): Behavioral Health, Social Worker
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
We are looking for a Supervisor, Social Work to join our Baystate Franklin Social team!
Resume required with application
- 40 hours, Monday through Friday
- Greenfield, MA
3 years of acute care clinical social work.
3 years of supervisory or managerial experience in an acute care hospital setting.
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
- More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
- More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
- More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service
- Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
- Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
Responsible for clinical supervision and coordination of all inpatient, ambulatory care and oncology medical social work services at Franklin Medical Center.
1) Responsible for program development and coordination of clinical social work services. Develop, monitor and manage the department budget. Hire, orient, supervise and evaluate the performance of social work staff, including oncology, per-diem and on-call staff. Promote, coach, and guide the continued professional growth of staff.
2) Play an active role in the study and implementation of interdisciplinary innovations in treatment, and system-wide coordination of care. Function as the Senior Clinical Social Worker guiding and supervising more complex cases. Meet regularly with clinical and program personnel and other members of management staff promoting close collaboration, reviewing policy and organizational changes and promoting full communication. Develop open and close working relationships internally and externally with health and human services providers.
3) Manage and maintain a coordinated information system, including program and budgetary statistics and clinical records that meet organizational and regulatory requirements. Participate in appropriate organization-wide continuous quality improvement projects. Participate in appropriate professional meetings and conferences. Serve on hospital and medical staff committees, Co-Chair Ethics Committee
4) Prepare and maintain all policies and procedures for optimal functioning of the department and in compliance with JCAHO standards. Prepare the organization for all standards related to Ethics, Rights, and Responsibilities Chapter of JCAHO manual. Manage a full, on-going clinical caseload in addition to managerial responsibilities.
5) Arrange for appropriate level of staffing. Ensure coverage for vacations, conference days, and days off. Maintain Medical Social Work weekend/holiday on-call schedule. Facilitate cardiac rehabilitation psycho-education groups.
6) Wide range of responsibility with occasional supervision. Work is not subjected to direct daily check, but is evaluated through quality assurance and continuous quality improvement activities. Work requires accuracy, confidentiality and consistency at a very high level.
7) Duties require a broad focus and grasp of complex, interactive and coordinated systems of care in linking hospital based and community based service. External and internal relationships involve interpretation and implementation of regulatory requirements and ethical guidelines where improper handling will have marked effect on ultimate results. Regularly work with confidential data of critical importance to patients such as financial, medical and psychological information which, if disclosed inappropriately, could result in serious consequences. Also regularly manage confidential, organizational, financial, programmatic and personnel data.
8) Demonstrates and models principals of service excellence in support of the patient experience and compassionate connections program. Key measures of service, patient satisfaction, engagement, are monitored, and shared with staff, to support opportunities for improvement.
Required Work Experience:
1) 3 years of acute care clinical social work.
2) 3 years of supervisory or managerial experience in an acute care hospital setting.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None listed.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Must have broad knowledge of clinical social work services and case management.
2) Clinically knowledgeable about problems common to diagnosis and treatment required for both inpatients and community based patients.
3) Must have sound knowledge of organizational, acute and long term care systems including policy issues and ethical concerns in health care.
4) Ability to manage a variety of competing priorities.
5) Excellent written and oral communication skills.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Allison LeDuc, Senior Healthcare Recruiter
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Master of Science: Social Work (Required)
Case Management Certification – Other, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.