Inpatient Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Inpatient Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider, and home to Baystate Wing Hospital (BWH). BWH is a 74-bed community hospital with a wide range of inpatient, outpatient and behavioral health services located in Palmer, MA. We are looking for a Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department to join our team! SIGN ON BONUS of up to $5,000 for Nurse Supervisors
The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for promoting and maintaining quality patient care through effective management of the activities of the total patient care service during his/her assigned shift. In the absence of the Administrator and/or designee, the Nursing Supervisor has the authority and responsibility for administrative decision and appropriate notification of the Administrator-on-call.
1) Performs all aspects of the job in an environment that optimizes patient/staff safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
2) Interacts professionally with patient/family/staff and involves patient/family/staff.
3) Treats patients, families, staff and visitors with respect and dignity. Functions as liaison between administration, patients, peers and other healthcare providers.
4) Participates actively in problem solving within the department/between departments.
5) Communicates with supervisor and peers. Establishes and maintains effective communication and good working relationship with other departments.
6) Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and functions under stressful situations.
7) Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
8) Utilizes initiative, strives to maintain a steady level of productivity, self-motivation and manages activity and time, does not waste time.
9) Fosters a positive customer service culture and interacts with staff in a highly visible and approachable manner.
10) Carries out hospital/nursing policies, procedures and standards. Collaborates and evaluates services between departments.
11) Administers the effective distribution and utilization of personnel employed during the respective shift. Visits all patient care units to ascertain condition of patients, evaluate staffing needs and establishes a positive working relationship with staff and physicians.
12) Assesses and reassesses pain and utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
13) Evaluates nursing practice, delivery of care and patient documentation. Informs personnel on ensuing shift regarding condition of patients, follow-up actions required and any special conditions.
14) Participates and assists in patient care meetings, in-service education functions, planning and providing of in-service education programs within the hospital, or other meetings, seminars or institutes conducted outside the hospital.
15) Uses good judgement in ensuring adherence to established hospital procedures and policies and keeps the Vice President, his/her representative and/or the Administrator informed regarding circumstances or situations which have or may have serious impact.
16) Evaluates and documents performance of employees as indicated and communicates this information to the Clinical/Assistant Clinical Director of Nursing.
17) Follows and maintains HIPAA confidentiality guidelines, pharmacy protocols for obtaining drugs when the Pharmacist is unavailable, and assumes duties as outlines in the Emergency Preparedness Manual. Serves as a resource for staff in regards to confidentiality.
18) Evaluates accuracy of staffing systems.
- PPE and Safety
- Professional development and growth
- Member of a multi-disciplinary dedicated team
- Full-time 40 hours
- Third Shift
- Baystate Wing, Palmer, MA
- MA RN License Required
- CPR BLS Required
- Supervisory experience in a healthcare setting
- Any exception must be approved by the CNO
- Baystate Health required competencies per department
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Diploma in Nursing: Nursing (Required)
Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.