Facilities - Baystate Health
Category(s): Trades/Engineering/Facilities, Facilities
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
We are a 68-bed community hospital in Palmer, Massachusetts. We provide access to the world-class doctors, treatments, diagnostics, and technology of the Baystate Health network. Out team members, including skilled, compassionate nurses and medical support staff members, provide advanced and compassionate care.
- 40hr/ week 1st shift
- 7am – 3:30pm Monday – Friday
- Every other weekend and rotating holidays
- Baystate Wing Hospital
- Palmer, MA
- Onsite parking
All correspondence can be directed to:
Pamelia Morrow: Healthcare Recruiter
Under the direction of the Manager, Facilities & Engineering, supervises all Engineering Staff in the day-to-day responsibilities of the maintenance of the buildings, grounds, and equipment in accordance with JCAHO, DPH, local, state, and federal regulations; maintains the buildings in livable and workable conditions relative to heat, light, power, air conditioning, and other environmental factors. When assigned, directs and assists in the repair, renovation, and construction of Baystate Wing Hospital's physical plant buildings, equipment, and systems. Oversees the preventative maintenance and departmental safety programs to facilitate uninterrupted service to patients and staff assuring safe building conditions.
Provides leadership coverage for the Engineering Department in the VP's absence including for Joint Commission.
The ability to exercise judgment, critical thinking, and independent decision making is essential.
1) Responsible for planning, organizing and directing all aspects of departmental staffing and personnel management including efficient staffing levels, employee development, work scheduling, orientation, and employee performance evaluation.
2) Develops, secures approval of, and implements departmental goals, objectives, plans. Assists in the development, implementation and compliance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Assists with special projects as assigned.
3) Enforces departmental policies and procedures of assigned staff. Brings issues to the attention of the VP of Support Services. Assists lead persons, supervisors, and/or assistants in organizing their sections and in developing methods to improve individual section operating standards.
4) Under the direction of the VP of Support Services, negotiates contractual arrangements of equipment and services for engineering, maintenance, grounds, and plant operations. Evaluates current and planned activities in assigned areas and ensures compliance with the Medical Center's Policies.
5) Spot checks work to ensure that workmanship meets standards and that safety and building regulations are followed.
6) Make effective recommendations on hire, transfer, promotion, wage change, discipline, termination and similar actions. Resolve grievances and personnel problems. Keeps VP informed of all personnel issues.
7) Administers and directs programs and staff to maintain the Hospital buildings, equipment and grounds.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.