Heart & Vascular - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Heart & Vascular
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The Supervisor of Cardiology and Stress Testing is responsible for implementing the Health Systems mission, vision, and values by providing the overall assessment of strategic and operational planning, coordination, staff development, customer satisfaction, and quality of services delivered within Cardiology and Stress Testing. This position requires knowledge of cardiac physiology and strong supervision skills.
1) Supervises daily operation of the Cardiac Services at Baystate Noble Hospital. Coordinates Staffing and schedules equitably. Develops efficient turnaround between test scheduling, performance, and report (Stress & Imaging) generation. Resolves problems and knows how to refer decisions to others.
2) Staff development and supervision. The hiring of new personnel. Directs and supervises staff. Ensures productivity and monitors performance. Promotes staff development and evaluates performance annually. Disciplines employees as necessary in compliance with BH policies. Assists management with formal and informal communication. Develops and maintains policy and procedural manuals—partners with management to implement regional models of care for stress testing and nuclear imaging.
3) Assists Management with fiscal operations of the departments. Assists in yearly capital and operating budget. Ensures Charge capture as applicable. Monitors each lab's productivity and makes appropriate adjustments based on volume, supply usage, and quality.
4) Quality improvement and Control. Monitors customer satisfaction through Patient Experience. Educates and modifies practice as necessary to improve compliance. Ensures equipment safety and follows policy for maintenance.
5) Strategic Planning. Collaborate with medical leadership and management regarding departmental goals regarding service lines and hospital strategic plans. Collaborates with Regional Manager and Service Line Leaders. Partner with management to develop a positive relationship within the medical community to improve the H&V Program image/integrity of the department. Develops and maintains excellent customer and team relationships.
Required Work Experience:
1) 3-5 Years Supervisory Experience
Preferred Work Experience:
Skills and Competencies:
Preferred applicants with Cardiac Services Experience, including but not limited to procedure process and scheduling of IP/OP throughput and prioritization. Leadership experience preferred.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science (Required), Bachelor of Science
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.