Patient Care Technicians - Baystate Health
Category(s): Clinical Support, Patient Care Technicians
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Student Nurse Associate Program (SNAP)
Baystate Health—western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), the region’s only level 1 trauma center and pediatric trauma center—is hiring Student Nurses (SNAPs) in the Adult Emergency Department!
This position provides an opportunity for students who would like to gain experience in a fast-paced, acute care nursing environment. This position is offered to nursing students actively enrolled in a nursing program accredited through the ACEN or CCNE.
Our Emergency Department is the busiest in Massachusetts and one of the busiest in the east. Experience diverse pathologies and acuity as we serve over 122,000 adult and pediatric patients annually. Our 72,000 square foot ED is equipped with 94 private rooms, separate pediatric ED, separate behavioral health rooms, and top-of-the-line technology. Providers are engaged in the department process. Staff committees are set up to implement change and create dynamic teams that work well together. BMC is a major referral care center and the only Level 1 trauma center and pediatric trauma center in the area.
- The Student Nurse (SNAP) will function in a supportive role to a registered nurse and work collaboratively with the health care team in the management of patient care. This position allows the student to gain experience in providing care to a diverse patient population and to develop strong communication and organizational skills.
- SNAPS will perform direct patient care (hygiene, skin care, mobility and assistance with elimination needs), obtain and record vital signs, collect laboratory specimens, document intake/output, communicate effectively with patients/staff, promote patient safety and function as a team member within the health system.
- Professional development, support and encouragement to enhance confidence and skills
- The hour requirement is 24 hours per month (12-hour shifts) with weekend and holiday rotations
- This position starts on May 31st, 2022
- This position is in the Emergency Department at Baystate Medical Center, 759 Chestnut Street, Springfield MA
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Currently actively enrolled in an accredited nursing program
- Current Health Care provider CPR Certification/BLS required
- Successfully completed 1 clinical rotation (including Fundamentals) or current CNA certification
- Current resume – required with online application
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Monique M. Jesus, Associate Recruiter
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.