Patient Care Technicians - Baystate Health
Category(s): Clinical Support, Patient Care Technicians
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Student Nurse Associate Program (SNAP)
Baystate Health—western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence—is hiring for the Student Nurse Associate Program (SNAP) on our Neuro Unit!
This position provides an opportunity for students who would like to gain experience in a fast-paced, acute care nursing environment. This position is offered to nursing students actively enrolled in a nursing program accredited through the ACEN or CCNE.
- D5A and NIU Neurosciences are a 37 bed neuro-acute and 9 bed neuro-intercare department within a 4-time Magnet designated organization.
- We provide comprehensive care for complex neurological and neurosurgical conditions such as stroke, epilepsy, brain injuries, spinal injuries, spinal surgeries, and brain and spinal tumors.
- The Neurosciences Department is composed of a collaborative team of dedicated professionals geared towards achieving excellence in patient-centered care.
- Team-work, achieving a culture of safety, and continued shared governance models are just a few of the many components that make D5A/NIU Neurosciences great!
- Come join a team passionate in the neuroscience specialty!
- The Student Nurse (SNAP) will function in a supportive role to a registered nurse and work collaboratively with the health care team in the management of patient care. This position allows the student to gain experience in providing care to a diverse patient population and to develop strong communication and organizational skills.
- SNAPS will perform direct patient care (hygiene, skin care, mobility and assistance with elimination needs), obtain and record vital signs, collect laboratory specimens, document intake/output, communicate effectively with patients/staff, promote patient safety and function as a team member within the health system.
- Professional development, support and encouragement to enhance confidence and skills
- Exposure to a range of diagnoses
- The hour requirement is 24 hours every 6 weeks (three 8-hour shifts) during the school year and during the summer 24 hours per week (two 12-hour shifts) with every third weekend required
- This position is specifically on our Neurosciences Inpatient unit at Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Currently actively enrolled in an accredited nursing program
- Current Health Care provider CPR Certification/BLS required
- Successfully completed 1 clinical rotation (including Fundamentals) or current CNA certification
- Current resume – required with online application
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Kimberly Jeznach, BS, RACR
Talent Acquisition Consultant
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET: Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.