Patient Care Technicians - Baystate Health
Category(s): Clinical Support, Patient Care Technicians
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
Student Nurse Associate Program (SNAP)
Baystate Health—western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to Baystate Medical Center (BMC), a Magnet Hospital for Nursing Excellence—is hiring for the Student Nurse Associate Program (SNAP) in the ICU!
This position provides an opportunity for students who would like to gain experience in a fast-paced, acute care nursing environment. This position is offered to nursing students actively enrolled in a nursing program accredited through the ACEN or CCNE.
Our ICU offers elbow-to-elbow support and comes fully equipped to help you do what YOU do best, provide for our patients!
- 32 bed modern ICU equipped with advanced hemodynamic monitoring and state-of-the art continuous renal replacement technology
- Patient ratios of 1:1 or 2:1
- This unit is well-staffed with ancillary support, a specialized STAT RN, multiple nurse educators & coordinators – on each shift!
- We provide supportive, individualized, and tailored orientation. Our ICU delivers a multimodal orientation program utilizing latest evidence-based online education programs, interactive classroom lectures, and high-fidelity simulation.
- The only major referral care center and the only Level 1 trauma center and pediatric trauma center in the area.
- Baystate Medical Center's Intensive Care Unit was awarded the Beacon Award for excellence in critical care by the AACN 8 times since 2004, which is the first year the award was initiated.
- The Student Nurse (SNAP) will function in a supportive role to a registered nurse and work collaboratively with the health care team in the management of patient care. This position allows the student to gain experience in providing care to a diverse patient population and to develop strong communication and organizational skills.
- SNAPS will perform direct patient care (hygiene, skin care, mobility and assistance with elimination needs), obtain and record vital signs, collect laboratory specimens, document intake/output, communicate effectively with patients/staff, promote patient safety and function as a team member within the health system.
- Professional development, support and encouragement to enhance confidence and skills
- Exposure to a range of diagnoses
- The hour requirements for this position are 24 hours every month during the school year and during the summer months 24 hours per week with one weekend shift required per month.
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Currently actively enrolled in an accredited nursing program
- Current Health Care provider CPR Certification/BLS required
- Successfully completed 1 clinical rotation (including Fundamentals) or current CNA certification
- Current resume – required with online application
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Monique M. Jesus, Associate Recruiter
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET: Nursing (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.