Surgical Services - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Surgical Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Under the direction of the SPD Manager, is responsible for daily operational flow,staffing, scheduling, training and discipline.
Assists manager with input for staff evaluation and performance.
Maintain quality assurance, assign work and coordinate activities of Sterile Processing Technicians and Service Coordinators.
Coordinate and assist in readiness.
Ensure work is carried out in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Perform duties of a Sterile processing Technician as needed.
1) Promotes the philosophy, core values, vision, operating principles and behaviors of Baystate Health and are applied within the units current practices in sterile instrument processing to support highest quality of collaborative, efficient, safe and effective patient care.
2) Creates and maintains a positive work environment and demonstrates the ability to act on employee opinions and concerns, facilitating open, honest communication.
3) Supports the ongoing development of staff through coaching, mentoring, and role modeling.
4) Provides staff with direct, honest, and constructive feedback.
5) Identifies resolves and manages areas of conflict promptly and effectively.
6) Facilitates a collaborative multidisciplinary approach to problem solving.
7) Supports unit and institutional changes and is a consistent resource to staff
8) Assist manager with completing performance appraisal process for staff and coaches staff, as appropriate.
9) Creates an environment that supports and celebrates the educational growth of the staff.Partners with the all servicing department educators to identify educational needs of staff related to variable units needs and unit specific services provided
10) Creates and maintains an environment supporting trust , respect, integrity, communication and collaboration.
11) Monitors policies and procedures that align with process improvement.
12) Daily assignments all shifts, supervise service coordinators and SPD tech activity.
13) Daily operational flow of department and readiness for emergencies
14) Manage employee daily staffing needs according to staff schedule
15) Identify quality assurance needs and communicate to the unit managers.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Certified Sterile Processing Technician – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.