Payroll - Baystate Health
Category(s): Finance, Payroll
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The Sr. Systems Consultant for the Payroll department functions as the lead for automated time reporting (Kronos) and payroll system (Workday). Responsible for analyzing, designing, and developing solutions for the automated systems as required based on changes in personnel policies, legislation, system upgrades, etc. Utilize automated system functionality to maximize time reporting and payroll processing. Maintain time reporting and payroll processing manuals. Coordinate with HRIS and IT to ensure effective and accurate testing and implementations.
Work with Payroll System Analyst on projects, maintenance, and production support to maintain optimal functionality of payroll systems and to ensure that all system updates are in line with department and company policies, as well as within state and federal guidelines.
Proficiency with database and spreadsheet software programs. Good written and oral communication skills.
strong customer service skills. Strong leadership qualities and implementation skills. Possesses a working knowledge of Kronos, WorkDay, Basic accounting knowledge, and understanding. Healthcare background and experience. Experience in large organizations with multiple companies, complex pay policies, and multiple systems is a plus.
This description covers the essential functions of this position. The incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned by the Payroll Manager.
1) Identify, recommend and implement system enhancements that improve efficiency and effectiveness for end users. (Kronos and Workday)
2) Create and maintain Payroll Processing Manuals.
3) Participate and lead assigned application/system implementations for payroll
4) Collaborate with departmental personnel, Information Technology teams, application vendors, and other key stakeholders to identify and rectify system issues. Monitor issue to resolution, providing timely and appropriate feedback to all affected parties.
5) Collaborate with assigned IT teams and vendors to perform system upgrades in a timely fashion.
6) Collaborate with team to determine the overall impact to end-users and minimize effects on operations. Create required test plans, and participate in the testing. Communicate with affected uses. Participate in the development of any required training materials.
7) Assist Payroll Manager to create annual team objectives
8) Accuracy of Kronos security based on Company policy.
9) Monitor systems to rectify errors, determine root cause, and provide feedback as appropriate.
10) Provide system expertise to the training team in the development of training materials.
Minimally Required Experience:
Minimum of 3-5 years payroll experience with two years of supervisory experience
Associates degree required Bachelors preferred or will consider experience in lieu of education.
Team Player: Collaborates effectively with people at all levels. Shares new information with the team. Is accessible and easily communicates at all levels.
Commitment: Links personal success to the team’s success. Demonstrates initiative and dedication to accomplish goals. Perseveres when he/she feels they have developed an innovative solution.
Flexibility: Open to new ways of thinking. Ability to adapt quickly to new techniques and work methods. Handles multiple priorities successfully.
Problem Solving: Recognizes and communicates problems to the right person/system. Offers constructive ideas/suggestions for solving problems.
Communication: Ensures important information is communicated promptly and accurately. Speaks and writes clearly and concisely. Rephrases/summarizes what the speaker is saying.
Service Excellence: Communicates in a way that conveys sympathy and respect to a diverse patient and works for the population. Takes ownership for providing excellent customer service. Refers people to the appropriate experts or resources.
Organizational Awareness: Understands the organizational implications of situations and events. Is aware of the concerns of people in different departments in the organization. Uses knowledge of the system and people to obtain services and support.
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science (Required), Bachelor of Science
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.