Medical Physicists - Baystate Health
Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Medical Physicists
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The Senior Physicist assists chief medical physicist and supports all radiation therapy physics activities including clinical, quality assurance, safety, facility development, equipment maintenance, research, and education components by performing both routine and non-routine technical support tasks under the general guidance using the concepts and techniques of applying physics to medicine and practical training of a medical physicist. The individual should be competent to practice independently in medical physics and maintenance the person's skills through continuing education. The individual shall be available when necessary for consultation with the radiation oncologist and to provide advice or direction to technical staff or dosimetrists when a patient's treatments are being planned or treated.
1) Support of routine and non-routine clinical service for external beams Perform
3D and IMRT/VMAT/SRS/SRT/SBRT treatment planning; perform double check calculation; perform treatment plan review; perform treatment chart and R&V review; perform weekly chart review; perform EOT chart review.
2) Support of routine and non-routine clinical service for brachytherapy
Planning, review and help in treatment.
3) Establishment of physical and clinical quality assurance policies and procedures IMRT verification; electron output measurement; HDR source QA
4) Establishment of guidelines for radiation safety and non-radiation safety in radiation oncology External Beam; HDR; Treatment devices and accessories
5) Establishment the guidelines and procedures for calibration instruments and constancy check
6) Implementation of therapy equipment maintenance Schedule, review and audit service report
7) Participate the research and development of new technique; Conduct training and in-service for radiation oncology staff
8) Participate the calibration of radiation therapy equipment
9) Participate the commission and acceptance testing for newly installed equipment
10) Participate the modeling and commissioning for the treatment planning system
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
Worked as a radiation therapy physicist
Skills and Competencies:
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of staff in a multidisciplinary health care environment
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Master of Arts (Required)
Board Certified in Medical Physics – American Board of Radiology, Board Certified Radiologic Physics – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.