Budget - Baystate Health
Category(s): Finance, Budget
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the development of key performance indicators reporting metrics and benchmarking data extracts which assist Supply Chain leaders in determining the expected financial performance of existing and new/expanded Purchasing initiatives. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for monitoring and analyzing their assigned projects and working proactively to identify and resolve issues arising from their analysis. The incumbent will collaborate with various team(s) to analyze financial detail related to supply chain general ledger categories, and identify and resolve any issues identified. In order to analyze financial implications and make appropriate recommendations the Senior Financial Analyst must remain abreast of current supply chain initiatives. Strong working knowledge of the Infor/Lawson Procurement system, Infor/Lawson Security, Crystal report writer, general ledger accounts, and supply chain workflows. Along with the association to accounting systems (OnBase/Accounts Payable), and supply patient charges related to the charge description master (CDM). They will also be expected to have basic knowledge of operating room applications and their product lines(i.e., Surginet and Par-cart associations for supply data interface).
1) The Senior Financial Analyst will work with supply chain management and purchasing agents by facilitating the addition of product lines and service codes into the Infor/Lawsom MMIS.
2) Actively participates in the analysis of financial and system related portions of new project plans. Preparing and reporting supply chain quarterly benchmarking data, monthly statistics for inventory & purchasing by utilizing Infor/Lawson reports and Crystal reporting tools. Providing historical data and statistics as needed to supply chain management. Facilitates the fiscal rear-end inventory par cart valuation for reporting to Finance.
3) In collaboration with Revenue Integrity review annually the supply patient charges for price updates in the CDM . Quarterly utilization and assessment of costing reports of service code assignments.
4) Adherence of the mark-up tiers for all service codes per the guidelines established by Revenue Integrity for all supplies in the healthcare system. (Excluding food and drugs)
5) Work collaboratively with personal from Finance and other departments to provide financial detail and explanations.
6) Provide educational support along with the System Administrator to supply chain staff on the reporting capabilities of Infor/Lawson and associated dashboards. Develop reports and other tools that will enable coordinators to better manage their areas of responsibility.
7) Writing of process’s within the scope of management direction to improve or define work flows as needed. Included here is also assisting with updating training tools as applications change.
8) Assisting the supply chain system administrator with Infor/Lawson related upgrades, testing, and varied troubleshooting. Supports system administrator with management of security access in Infor/Lawson by adding, modifying or inactivationing user(s).
9) Interface and maintain professional relationships with all levels of management and staff of other departments and divisions within the health system.
10) Follow departmental standards and guidelines; develop and communicate schedules for the completion of projects.
11) Collaborates with areas that have system interfaces with the Infor/Lawson system with data as needed to preform periodic reviews.
12) Provides support to inventory control with process’s and system related functions.
13) Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
Required Work Experience:
1) Five plus years related and progressive financial work experience in healthcare finance
2) Solid knowledge of hospital systems
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Must be able to work independently as well as a contributing team member for a variety of interdisciplinary teams
2) Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to provide a high level of customer service are required as the position involves significant interaction with a variety of clinical and financial representatives
3) Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
4) Logical thinker working with advance spreadsheet functionality
5) Experience in Microsoft Office, including EXCEL, POWERPOINT and WORD and other business software applications
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Accounting (Required)
Certified Public Accountant – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.