Budget - Baystate Health
Category(s): Finance, Budget
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The Senior Financial Analyst will work in close partnership with BMP management, medical leadership and operational staff to maximize the financial performance of assigned practices. The SFA serves as the business partner to assigned medical practices by coordinating the budget planning and development process and all financial analysis including analysis of net practice revenue.The SFA serves as the primary financial liaison to the medical practices and is responsible for assessing and coordinating all financial requests from the practices. To be successful, the SFA must develop exceptional relationships with medical practice leadership.In order to fulfill this role, the SFA must remain abreast of current issues affecting financial performance of physician practices..
1) Assist in evaluation of financial performance including developing corrective actions.
2) Works collaboratively with management and PBO to assure that the revenue cycle process is optimizing revenues and collections.
3) Serves as the finance resource for the analysis and interpretation Iof net practice revenue.
4) Serves as the finance resource for the analysis and interpretation Iof net practice revenue.
5) Works collaboratively with assigned practices to develop the budget calendar and process within the parameters established by BHS.
6) Recommends and develops tools and reports to assist practice leadership to better understand and manage their practices.
7) Actively participates in the development of the capital and operating budgets.
8) Maintains a current working knowledge of BHS employed physician compensation plans and supports BMP management and medical leadership in monitoring current status and in assessing proposed changes to the plan.
Required Work Experience:
1) 5+ years progressive work experience in healthcare, finance or related field
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Compentencies:
1) Knowledge of physician payment systems and managed care
2) Ability to work independently
3) Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to provide a high level of customer services
4) Excellent oral and written communications skills
5) Experience using Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and other business applications
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Non-Graduate: Accounting (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.