Communications - Baystate Health
Category(s): Communications/Marketing/Planning, Communications
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
1) Consults with leaders around the health system and advises on approach to initiatives using knowledge of other initiative or communications and of the audience targeted. Project manages, develops and writes complex communications plans and manages the implementation of those plans by engaging production, design and other necessary resources.
2) Writes original copy with employees as the primary audience and acts as editor of the employee newsletter, management newsletter, and eWorkplace news.
3) Coordinates with marketing and public relations and shares communications to employees to support their goals and objectives.
4) Builds relationships with senior leaders and maintains excellent customer relations in interactions with staff, clients, other departments, patients and the public. Helps to develop departmental goals to support the strategic goals and supports the goals, objectives and initiatives of the department, the division and the system.
5) Confers and collaborates with staff members in providing communications strategy and services for specific projects. Works independently, exercises independent judgment, takes initiative, and uses discretion in performance of duties
6) Develops and writes managers' guides/talking points for major system initiatives, providing clear, concise and consistent information for managers to use with staff or in other settings.
7) Recognizes communications needs and opportunities, serves as an essential consultative resource on system wide project teams, assisting with the communication of internal and external messages. Brings a "health system" perspective to communications. Shows and takes initiative on complex projects to improve results.
8) Prepares and handles highly sensitive or confidential materials, and supports other sections of the department, division, and administration, and senior leaders, as required or directed.
9) Works independently while supporting client needs. Supervises interns and freelance personnel as needed. Mentors other junior members of the team.
10) Communicates Human Resources initiatives, mentoring HR communications personnel for such things as employee recognition programs, staffing changes, policy changes, and more to promote a positive work environment.
11) Supports manager and senior leadership while working in a manner consistent with the organization's operating principles and service standards.
Required Work Experience:
1) 8-10 years in a highly productive corporate communications environment with demonstrated ability to develop effective communications in print, video and other formats
Preferred Work Experience:
Skills and Competencies:
1) Expert writing, editing and communication skills
2) Demonstrated competence with production of corporate newsletter and other corporate communications
3) Expertise in script writing and video production
4) Knowledge of word processing, desktop publishing, PowerPoint and print production
5) Able to manage client expectations while meeting communications needs
6) Excellent writing, editing ,multi-media (video) and presentation development skills
7) Ability to build and maintain positive relationships and negotiate issues
8) Ability to multitask
9) Expertise in video production
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Journalism (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.