Informatics - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, Informatics
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
The Senior Clinical Transformation Specialist is a specifically trained individual responsible for ongoing operational optimization and process improvement across all clinical areas of Baystate Health. This position is a coaching and leadership role focused on operational and clinical workflow improvements. The Sr. Clinical Transformation Specialist is committed to quality improvement, practice transformation, and leveraging health information technology for improved clinical team member efficiency and satisfaction.
The Clinical Transformation Specialist will deliver on-site support and ongoing EMR (electronic medical record) education to maintain the adoption and standardization of operational enhancements. In addition, the Sr. Clinical Transformation Specialist will provide oversight and leadership to junior members of the team, assisting with the development and refinement of skills as directed by the Team Leader or Manager.
This role will co-facilitate clinical training offerings (classroom, remote/virtual, one-on-one, small group) with the Clinical Informatics Education Specialists. It will collaborate closely with the Clinical Informatics Business Relationship Managers.
1) On-Site Rounding and Education Support:
The Sr. Clinical Transformation Specialist will provide rounding and on-site EMR (electronic medical record) education support across assigned clinical areas/practices. The incumbent will assist all clinical users and providers with operational enhancements, identify areas of needed ongoing education and support, ensure timely problem resolution in collaboration with the Clinical Education Specialists and Clinical Informatics Business Relationship Managers. Works closely with clinical operations team members to maintain established standardized workflows and technology tools/applications.
2) The successful candidate will observe clinicians' workflows and provide coaching feedback for maintaining and maximizing operational standards and efficiency.
3) Collaborates with Clinical Informatics Business Relationship Managers with awareness of operational challenges/obstacles as observed. Creates required documentation outlining the issue with potential solutions, a proposal for a future project in collaboration with Clinical Informatics Business Relationship Manager/Team Leader/Manager
4) Ensures communications regarding technology changes/enhancements are distributed timely amongst assigned clinical areas/practices – this includes, but is not limited to, email communications, in-person demonstrations, team meetings, business/leadership meetings, one-on-one.
5) The Sr. Clinical Transformation Specialist will attend department/service line team and/or leadership meetings to present upcoming changes/enhancements, provide consultation to mitigate obstacles or lack of adherence to standard workflows and use of tools/applications, and serve as a trusted advocate for issue escalation and resolution, and identify optimization opportunities.
6) Leads training assessments, development of training curriculum and materials, co-facilitates education delivery (classroom, virtual/remote, at-the-elbow, etc.)
7) Participates in the evaluation of curriculum deployment effectiveness and provides regular feedback to the Clinical Informatics Education Specialists, Team Lead and/or Manager
8) Proactively reviews and monitors analytics/reports (i.e., Cerner's Lights On and Advance) to identify areas for improvements and efficiency. Prepares documentation of reports for presentation at established frequency
9) Demonstrates the ability to manage assignments autonomously and seeks feedback/oversight from Team Lead or Manager.
10) Promotes a positive team learning environment by sharing acquired knowledge with assigned clinical areas/practices and the Clinical Informatics teams
11) Leads and mentors other team members and provides regular feedback to create shared knowledge.
12) The successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to formulate and advance strategic recommendations, apply new concepts in curriculum development, and
collaborate with service line/department leaders. Identifies unrecognized Health System needs and considers potential consequences and solutions.
13) Ability to travel to any Baystate Health facility/location is required, often more than one site per day.
1) Bachelor's Degree in a healthcare-related field
1) Greater than 7 years of healthcare experience, including direct patient care or patient care support; or demonstrated experience with EMRs with a prior role as a department/team superuser.
2) Greater than 5 years of clinical transformation, innovation, or Informatics experience; or certification in Informatics, Change Management, Six-Sigma, or Project Management (preferred)
Clinical healthcare experience is preferred; Ability to interact with all levels of the organization; Proficiency in MS Office products; Excellent communication and presentation skills (both oral and written); Exemplifies customer service excellence; Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; Demonstrates flexibility and is solutions-oriented; Attention to detail; Able to troubleshoot process/workflow issues and document resolutions
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.