IT Engineer, Applications - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, IT Engineer, Applications
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting to the system director, The Sr Business Applications Analyst is responsible for the evaluation, recommendation, implementation, management and maintenance of IT systems, patient information and image flow for the H and V CVIS/CPACS application systems. Collaborates and coordinates with IS, Clinical Engineering and clinical departments to implement system changes and upgrades, provide technical support and develop workflow efficiencies through technology use. Responsible for educating physicians and clinical staff on system use, updates and technically able to address questions, concerns as they arise. Responsible for researching and developing inter-facility and service alignment related to IT technology in order to achieve system wide population based electronic patient management
1) Active member of CVIS planning team in the evaluation, and selection of CVIS/CPACs system for HOF and existing departments under H and V program.
2) Key leader in the purchase, installation, testing and training of new systems.
3) Partners with IS to test and implement new applications, enhancements, and upgrades with internal and external entities
4) Evaluates remote sites and provides roadmap and implementation plan for IT integration of H and V applications/imaging
5) Consults with departmental managers/physicians and clinicians to evaluate and recommend work flow changes for operational efficiency
6) Liaison to director for developing capital and operating budgets related to H and V application sand negotiating with vendors
7) Develops, plans and monitors/ resolves system related issues or downtime in the most efficient manner possible to maintain optimal efficiency. Ensures ongoing controls in place
8) Develops, and implements training programs for clinical end-users on new and upgraded H and V applications
9) Provides system maintenance for the CVIS/C PACS systems for all clinical areas under the Heart and Vascular program
10) Responsible for day-to-day monitoring of image quality among modalities, workstations, and printers, and checking unresolved study queues. Performs routine audits, trending and reporting within the PACS for ongoing compliance of Quality Improvement incentives.
11) Responsible for implementing, running and documenting any backup systems required to secure data stored in any of the information systems. Assigns user access and sets clear priorities and expectations of user responsibilities.
12) Works with IS to configure user workstations and servers for compatibility and functionality with system and CDB requirements. Leads monthly multidisciplinary IT operations team inclusive of clinical engineering, Information Systems and clinical staff to evaluate current systems performance and prioritize/ implement new informatics programs
13) Develops and maintains web based procedure scheduling system that integrates with current BMC patient systems.
14) Collaborates with other clinical disciplines such as surgery and radiology, to develop a common model of case scheduling for new Heart and Vascular Center. Liaison to IT representing Heart and Vascular program for changes to order sets, and clinical documentation
15) Working with system wide HV Program management, develop and/or ensure common model of data storage. In partnership with IS, install/revise CIS or current system clinical order sets based on evolving/changing clinical practice.
16) Participates in the Interface requirements and Conversion requirements
17) Develops and maintains project work plan, issues log and status report
18) Demonstrates strong interdepartmental/intradepartmental collaboration and customer responsiveness
19) Demonstrates respect for patient confidentiality and rights and complies to all HIPAA regulations and parameters of access to identified patient and research information.
20) Develops System Administrator policy and procedures to serve as resource material for the essential functions of the System Administrator role.
Required Work Experience:
1) Strong clinical information systems experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Stellar communication, customer and time management skills
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associate of Arts (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.