Accounting - Baystate Health
Category(s): Finance, Accounting
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Responsible for the performance of diversified duties involving capital asset management for the Hospital Group (HG) – Baystate Medical Center (BMC), Baystate Franklin Medical Center (BFMC), Baystate Wing (BW) and Baystate Noble Hospital (BNH).
Responsible for the accounting of all BMC's consolidated debt financing – including Notes Payable, Capital Lease Contracts, Mass HEFA Bond Issues Payable and New Market Tax Credit Agreements.
Responsible for the preparation and support of annual depreciation, interest and amortization expense budgets for BMC, BFMC, BW and BNH.
1) Monitors, reconciles and reports out on all fixed asset transactions for the HG. Analyzes appropriateness of expenditures to be classified as capital, establishes the proper funding source, asset classification, cost, life and depreciation method for each capital asset purchase.
2) Monitors, reconciles and reports out on all the debt financing activity of BMC and BFMC. Responsible for the proper classification, carrying principal costs, interest expense accruals and amortization schedules related to capital leases, bond issues and new market tax credit loans.
3) Prepares externally mandated compliance forms, schedules and other informational surveys related to Capital Assets. (Form 990 Schedule K-Supplemental Information on Tax Exempt Bonds (BMC), Assessors Report Section 38D – Commercial & Industrial Property Income Statements, State Tax Form 3ABC – Massachusetts Tax Return of Property Held for Charitable Purposes (18 locations), and US Census Bureau- ACE-1(M) Annual Capital Expenditures Survey).
4) Works closely with auditors, providing analytical support for the HG's Property, Plant and Equipment (PP&E) balances at fiscal year end. Prepares an annual footnote disclosure for inclusion in the consolidated audit report.
5) Works closely with auditors, providing analytical support for BMC and BFMC debt and interest expense balances. Prepares annual footnote disclosures for inclusion in the consolidated audit report.
6) Manages reimbursement requests for draws on bond funds analyzing appropriateness of requests assuring qualified expenditures eligible for reimbursement are timely invoiced. Monitors all bond trustee accounts assuring timely payments and adequate funding of Debt Service Funds.
7) Analyzes depreciation and interest expense trends, projecting expense as basis for preparing annual depreciation, amortization and interest expense budgets for BMC, BFMC and others.
8) Prepares capital reports for Senior Management, Decision Support, Facilities Planning and Budget to assist with management's monitoring of capital asset and project costs.(Examples include the Master Facility Plan Actual versus Budget report, Depreciation projections, facility cost center budget versus actual reports and as requested ad hoc reports)
9) Prepares debt projection reports for senior management pursuant to issuance of new tax exempt bonds or refinancing of existing bonds.
10) Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Lawson general ledger, asset management and activity management modules.
11) Participates in Lawson software system upgrades as required.
Required Work Experience:
1) 3 to 5 years in related discipline
Preferred Work Experience:
1) 3 to 5 years in healthcare accounting and related discipline with Lawson Accounting software experience
Skills and Competencies:
1) Advanced level of PC skills and Microsoft Excel software
2) Good communication skills a must
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science: Accounting (Required)
Certified Public Accountant – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.