Category(s): Allied Health Clinical Professional, Surgical Services
Full Time / Part Time: Per Diem
The Sterile Processing Technician performs a variety of activities and technical skills within the guidelines of the policies and procedures of the Surgical Services Department.
Must be capable of following detailed instructions, possess good interpersonal skills and independently perform activities according to priorities.
Specific duties are to receive/retrieve, clean, assemble and sterilize instruments and equipment from the OR and other remote sites. Must also be willing to learn to handle, clean and disinfect endoscopes.
This position demands continuous mental and visual attention.
1) Performs quality assurance testing of all sterilizer and washer/sterilizer functions
2) Sterilizes all items in appropriate sterilizer and on the correct cycle
3) Cleans and maintains all specialty instruments, power equipment, patient care equipment and flexible and rigid endoscopes.
4) Cleans and maintains anesthesia equipment
5) Properly packages all instruments and supplies for sterilization
6) Load and unload sterilizers in accordance to departmental policy.
7) Report broken or missing instruments to Department Manager
8) Complies with all Universal Precautions
9) Have knowledge of location of supplies, instruments and equipment in the department
10) Maintains all documentation as required by this position
Required Work Experience:
1) 2-3 years
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Knowledge of sterilization techniques Knowledge of Medical Terminology Capable of following detailed instructions
2) Be able to perform a number of activities according to priority
3) Able to function in emergent situations
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Certified Sterile Processing Technician – Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.