IT Analyst, Applications - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, IT Analyst, Applications
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
This position supports the integration and development of all research-related IT systems and applications (OnCore, Cerner Power Trials, Florence EBinder, RedCap, IRBNet, etc.) as well as the support and upgrades of analytic software (SAS, SPSS, STATA, PASS, NVIVO, etc.). Responsibilities include the installation, testing, customization, and implementation of software packages for the Office of Research(OoR) and for UMass Chan Medical School – Baystate Health. The incumbent will assist in managing large, complex projects; including the development of detailed project plan tasks, timelines, technical specifications, testing plans, and cut-over plans. The development and ongoing maintenance of support documentation are required. They will work closely with other departments, such as legal, compliance, information security officer, I&T, HIM, HRPP, and Sponsored Program Administration to maintain organization compliance of protocols with Federal and State laws, regarding privacy, security, and protection of patient information. As well as promote the rapid and efficient review of research protocols regarding these standards.
Duties include (but are not limited to): day-to-day oversight and monitoring of systems, quality control, user training, and assistance, desktop client software installation, maintenance of applications/software, assistance with design, implementation, and changes to systems, troubleshooting, and working with I&T staff and users to ensure efficient operation of all research systems. Including remote work technology. Collaborates with IS and Compliance to ensure the use of secure systems in research operations.
These activities require skills in independent decision-making, application design and configuration, complex problem-solving, leadership, systems analysis, customer service, teamwork, organization, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The incumbent will report to the Program Director of Research Systems.
1) Project Activities and Oversight
Collaborates with the Program Director of Research Systems defining the value of the proposed initiative and viable technical solutions that address the requirements. Leads in the design and documentation of technical specifications and business requirements. Performs systems analysis and documents current state, and future state and performs gap analysis. Participates or leads project teams to implement complex solutions that meet the organization's goals and objectives. Follows established project management methodology. Develops policies and procedures to support the system post-implementation. Creates thorough test plans and performs all relevant testing of programs and integrations including unit, system, functional, regression, stress/load, integrated, and disaster recovery. Coordinates to ensure projects are executed according to plan.
2) Administration and Leadership
Under the support and guidance of team leadership, ensures sufficient backup for their responsibilities is established. Informs team leadership of progress, plans, and issues. Manages work to ensure adherence to established and approved timelines. Promotes system change management process follows all change control procedures. Promotes a team environment. Mentors and works closely with all partners. Stays current with supported applications and technologies.
3) Configure and builds systems per technical and functional specifications. Continue to support these systems as the system administrator.
4) Writes functional and technical specifications for system modifications and enhancements to meet business requirements.
5) Meets with Office of Research Departments regularly to understand their operations, identify optimization opportunities, review current projects and work, and discuss open systems issues. Proactively monitor partner satisfaction to ensure the systems continue to meet their needs. Ensure each department is utilizing the most up-to-date technology for remote work and on-site work.
6) Participates in the development of training documentation and curriculum, along with the training department resources, and, if necessary, assists in the training of applications.
7) Work with vendors when issues arise and bring to quick resolutions.
8) Participates in the preparation of capital or operating costs for assigned systems.
9) Work with State and Federal data and understand what the regulations are and design systems that will support the regulations and also accommodate the end user of the data. Involves coordinating with I&T, Legal and Information Security Office
10) Desktop Client Software Installation and acquiring Information Security Office(ISO) approval. Responsible to monitor when license renewals and/or upgrades have to occur and coordinating with the respective areas – for both attending training and staying current on any new system functionality that would help improve workflow and efficiency for the Office of Research desktop applications and enterprise applications.
11) Attend training and stay current on any new system functionality that would help improve workflow and efficiency for the Office of Research.
3-5 years of experience in the implementation, configuration, deployment, maintenance, and ongoing support of large computer applications as well as desktop client software installations.
3-5 years of experience in the implementation, configuration, deployment, maintenance, and ongoing support of large computer applications. Experience with independent decision-making, problem-solving, desktop client software installations, customer service skills, organization, and excellent communication(written and verbal) skills
Promotes a team environment through mentoring and coaching; Advanced technical knowledge of requisite systems and applications; Ability to interact with all levels of the organization; Exemplifies customer service excellence. Ability to manage multiple tasks; Able to appropriately delegate tasks; Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; Flexible; Solutions-oriented; Attention to detail; Able to troubleshoot complex technical and process issues and document resolutions
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Science, High School Diploma (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.