IT Analyst, Applications - Baystate Health
Category(s): Information Technology/Health Information Management, IT Analyst, Applications
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
This position supports the integration and development of information systems at Baystate Health. Responsibilities include the installation, testing, customization and implementation of software packages for Baystate Health within the IT division. The incumbent will lead large, complex projects; including the development of detailed project plan tasks, timelines, technical specifications, testing plans, and cut-over plan. The development and on-going maintenance of support documentation is required. They will work closely with other analysts, engineers, architects, team leaders, managers, and business partners to collaborate on system design. These activities require skills in independent decision-making, application design and configuration, complex problem solving, leadership, systems analysis, customer service, teamwork, organization and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
1) Project Activities and Oversight
Directs defining the value of the proposed initiative and viable technical solutions that address the requirements. Leads in the design and documentation of technical specifications and business requirements. Performs systems analysis and documents current state, future state and performs gap analysis. Participates or leads project teams to implement complex solutions that meet the organization's goals and objectives. Follows established project management methodology. Develops policies and procedures to support system post implementation. Creates thorough test plans and performs all relevant testing of programs and integrations including unit, system, functional, regression, stress/load, integrated and disaster recovery. Coordinates to ensure projects are executed according to plan.
2) System Maintenance and Support
Leads the effective, timely problem resolution and constituent support for assigned systems and services. Works closely with stakeholders and partners to establish operational standards to ensure reliable operations. Mentors team members on application and integration touch points within the systems. Monitors vendor software releases, tests and implements upgrades or maintenance patches to ensure current version is supportable and scalable. Knowledge of the system data model and directs application enhancement/optimization needs. Writes functional and technical specifications for complex system modifications and enhancements. Escalates risks and issues to key stakeholders. Participates in 24/7 on call rotation including incident management for planned and unplanned events.
3) Administration and Leadership
Under support and guidance of team leadership, ensures sufficient backup for their responsibilities is established. Informs team leadership of progress, plans and issues. Manages work to ensure adherence to established and approved timelines. Promotes system change management process follows all change control procedures. Promotes a team environment. Mentors and works closely with all partners. Stays current with supported applications and technologies.
4) Configure and builds systems per technical and functional specifications
5) Writes functional and technical specifications for system modifications and enhancements to meet business requirements
6) Meets with partners regularly to understand their operations, identify optimization opportunities, review current project and work, and discuss open systems issues. Proactively monitor partner satisfaction to ensure the systems continue to meet their needs.
7) Participates in the development of training documentation and curriculum, along with the training department resources and, if necessary, assist in the training of applications.
8) Leads vendor and resource management activities.
9) Participates in preparation of capital or operating costs for assigned systems.
Required Work Experience:
- Surgical personnel, locations, and surgical procedures.
- Surgical scheduling, slot types, appointment types, appointment books, display schemes, and default schedules.
- Perioperative documentation, document types, forms, segments, inventory items, and preference cards
- OEF’s within DCPTools, FBDesigner, resource roles, catalog types, scheduling templates.
- Perioperative tracking list, tracking groups, assignment locations, events/event rules, columns, filters.
- Build Anesthesia document types, categorize actions and macros, categorize inventory items from the item master, build medications and fluids, inventory, personnel, actions, parameters, and configure BMDI workstations.
Preferred Work Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Cerner Millennium PowerChart and PowerChart SurgiNet and Anesthesia
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in the implementation, configuration, deployment, maintenance and ongoing support of large computer applications
- implementing vendor clinical application software, and a strong desire to learn other technologies are needed.
- Exhibit the ability to communicate effectively in a customer service environment.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with internal and external hospital contacts.
- Candidate must have a thorough understanding of Surgery workflows including PAC and Anesthesia
- Candidate must have a strong knowledge of both front and back-end Cerner systems.
** SATT Certified Anesthesia Technician strongly preferred/recommended
Skills and Competencies:
1) Promotes a team environment through mentoring and coaching; Advanced technical knowledge of requisite systems and applications; Ability to interact with all levels of the organization; Exemplifies customer service excellence
2) Ability to manage multiple tasks; Able to appropriately delegate tasks; Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; Flexible; Solutions-oriented; Attention to detail; Able to troubleshoot complex technical and process issues and document resolutions
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.