Ambulatory Direct Care Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Ambulatory Direct Care Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
RN, Triage and Nurse Navigator for Medicine Specialty – Endocrinology
Will assist all Medical Specialty Departments ( Endocrinology, Pulmonary Infectious Disease/ Travel Medicine ) at Baystate with new patient navigation. This role involves patient research, patient assessment and interviews, collaboration with providers and office staff and patient counseling and coordination . Telephonically facilitate patients’ access to the appropriate level of care and seamless coordination of services throughout the continuum. Works collaboratively with physicians and other health team members, and is available to patients and families for care coordination, will provide medical information and education to patient and families so they understand and comprehend the treatment and services rendered. The nurse will coordinate necessary appointments based on triage outcome as well as identify potential barriers to timely care and seek out appropriate resources for assistance.
- Answers clinically related inbound calls. Maintains current knowledge base including triage skills, appropriate teaching principles, and policies and procedures.
- Provides telephone triage Aligns the right care for the patient, within the right time frame, and with the right provider.
- Responsible for coordination of services for individual patients and their families, including referring physician offices and other healthcare disciplines.
- Resource to assigned scheduling team responding to clinical questions as relates to prescriptions, appointments, medical management, practice protocols and appropriate population management.
Required Work Experience:
- Massachusetts license as an RN and BLS CPR certified.
- Minimum 3-4 years of nursing experience with minimum of 2-3 years
- Patient triage and/or nursing experience in Endocrinology is essential
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills to advocate for optimal patient outcomes.
- Proficient in the use of multiple computer applications including EMR, spreadsheet programs and electronic medical records.
- Must have competency in delivering exceptional nursing care and have proven Other Information success in partnering with both physicians and staff
- FT Monday – Friday
- Partial Remote after completion of successful training
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Nursing (Required), Bachelor of Nursing Degree
Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.