Quality & Improvement Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Quality & Improvement Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
RN, Quality and Outcomes Nurse, Heart & Vascular Division
The Quality and Outcomes Nurse for the Heart & Vascular Division will have understanding of the registry definitions, abstract data and work with other members of the team to send accurate timely data to external regulatory agencies. He/she prepares the benchmark reports, understands the key opportunities and work with the clinical team and providers to improve documentation and outcomes. This RN will collaborate with Service line committees, Health Care Quality, peer review committees and health information management as well as external registries.
- Coordinates data maintenance for department and assigned projects by: Reviewing patient charts, extrapolating data for reporting to internal and external stakeholders. Works with MD changes on Team to facilitate complete documentation to produce accurate outcomes. Collaborates with Associates to enter data, run queries and create analyses for selected projects and presentations. Reviews outcomes with MD leadership to ensure data submission is accurate. Although not directly responsible for sending quarterly reports to State mandated Agencies, familiarity with the process with a special emphasis on deadlines is required.
- Provides professional oversight for subject content by: Keeps up to date with changes, definitions, education in registry websites, and attendance at registry meetings and memberships. Is knowledgeable about changes in "best practice" of the diseases and procedures for which they are assigned. Collaborates frequently with Health Care Quality, Heart &Vascular Peer review committees and Health Information Management.
- Prepares data reports for use in the organization: Formats data / benchmarked reports for presentation to performance improvement teams and service leaders. Monitors negative trends and brings them to the attention of service line leader and physician partners. Works with Clinical Research to mine registry data for research studies.
- MA RN Licensed,, BSN preferred
- 2-3 years of clinical experience and healthcare data collection & management exp.
- Must have an understanding of the principles surrounding performance improvement, quality of care, outcomes measurement. Must also have the ability to work well both independently and with a team.
- Strong computer skills: databases, internet Microsoft Suite Applications (MS Office, Word, Excell, Access, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with quality of care and outcomes measurement
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Nursing Degree: Nursing, Diploma in Nursing: Nursing (Required), Master of Nursing: Nursing
Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.