Care and Case Managers - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Care and Case Managers
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Baystate Health, a nationally recognized leader in healthcare quality and safety, and home to Baystate Medical Practices, the largest multispecialty group in the region is looking for an experienced Pediatric Nurse Care Manager to join the Population Health Care Management Team
The ACO- Pediatric Nurse Care Manager is responsible for the management of care for a defined group of patients including complex care management, transitions of care, as well as coordination of care. Major responsibilities include accurately identifying patients for care management, developing individualized plans of care, assessing/addressing barriers to care, medication reconciliation, medication titration as well as ensuring adherence to quality measures. The goal is to work with patients to optimize control of chronic medical and mental health conditions, improve functional status, reinforce self-management plan and prevent/minimize long-term complications as well as to avoid unnecessary emergency room visits or hospital admissions. They will work collaboratively with physicians and other health team members along the patients continuum of care, and are available to patients and families for care coordination/education through face to face visits, home visits if necessary, as well as telephonic interactions.
Required Work Experience:
- Massachusetts RN License and BLS CPR
- Minimum of 4 years of nursing experience
- A minimum of 3 years care management or pediatric nursing
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills to advocate for optimal patient outcomes. Capacity to work closely with patients, physicians and their office staffs and managed care plans. Strong organizational and prioritization skills. Attention to detail and able to perform work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Bilingual skills preferred
- Reliable transportation and valid drivers license
Schedule and Location
- Location – High Street General pediatric 140 High St. Springfield MA
- Full Time Monday – Friday
Advantages of Working with Baystate Health
- Established career ladders with guaranteed compensation increases.
- Excellent Benefits, Compensation and generous PTO
- Nursing forgivable loan program
- First time home buyers’ program
- High-quality, low-cost medical, dental and vision Insurance
- Competitive 403b retirement match
- Wellbeing programs that include but are not limited to mental, physical and financial health.
We strive to be the place where we can help you build the career you deserve – apply today – YOU belong at Baystate!
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Assoc of Science in Nursing (Required), Bachelor of Science
Basic Life Support – American Heart Association, Driver License – Other, Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.