Quality & Improvement Nurses - Baystate Health
Category(s): Nursing, Quality & Improvement Nurses
Full Time / Part Time: Full-Time
Patient Relations Clinical Liaison
The Patient Relations Clinical Liaison is a registered professional nurse who independently manages high level patient concerns in order to improve the patient experience and help overcome healthcare system barriers. The Patient Relations Clinical Liaison will collaborate with all levels of leadership including the President's Office, clinical chairs, medical staff, providers, nursing directors and managers, social workers, case managers and outside organizations to assure timely management of patient complaints, grievances, and requests based on regulatory guidelines.
Reporting to the Director of Patient Relations, this position serves as clinical liaison between patients, families and the organization in the investigation and resolution of concerns, complaints and grievances. The position provides clinical expertise to the Office of Patient Relations so that less complex cases requiring clinical coordination can be appropriately triaged, investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Research clinical concerns using critical thinking and decision making about the approach needed to resolve the concern, coordinating clinical review, liaison duties with all levels of caregivers related to the concern, and assuring appropriate communication with the patient and family members of the continual status of the resolution.
- Using customer service skills, compassion, and appreciative inquiry, this individual will be responsible for meeting with patients and families from time of intake, through resolution process, preparing documentation and correspondence to all relevant parties as indicated, and escalating situations as appropriate to the Director, Risk Management or Compliance as required.
- Participates in the CARe program by counseling clinicians in preparation for CARe meetings and by facilitating communication during difficult conversations regarding adverse clinical outcomes.
- Responsible for assuring resolution is completed in a timely manner and that procedures are documented in the SRS patient complaint and grievance database.
- Identifies trends and collaborates with key department such as Performance Improvement, Risk Management and Compliance to improve patient safety and other clinical processes.
- RN with a Bachelor's Degree, Masters Preferred
- 3 years clinical experience
- Exceptional interpersonal , communication and customer service skills
- Must be patient/family centered focus, ability to work with minimal supervision, critical thinking, the ability to prioritize and work in a fluid environment
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Bachelor of Arts (Required)
Registered Nurse – State of Massachusetts
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.